Next vehicle choices

What vehicle would you get if you were in my situation?

• Get another Truck or SUV to tow with.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Get a sport bike and don't worry about towing for now.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Keep the Durango and use that to tow.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

acclude

cheap bastard
I'm probably going to sell my Durango soon and looking for another vehicle. I'm undecided if I want to get another vehicle that can tow or if I want to get a bike. The Durango has been causing me all kinds of problems so I don't want to hold on to it for much longer.

I have a car trailer for towing the teggy (and other vehicles) so I kinda want a truck or SUV that can tow.

I also don't NEED to be able to tow right now and summer time is pretty much here so a fun bike would be nice.

I'm looking for around the $2-3K price range for either a truck/SUV w/tow package and a V8 or a few year old sport bike like older CBR.

I can't make up my mind so just seeing what you all would do.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i personally think its to dangerous around here for a bike, thats just me though. you could do a lot to the durango for that kinda money.

acclude

cheap bastard
Well the Durango is already 4x4 and has the great 5.9L motor in it, but it's had 3 transmissions in the past 3 months and it's becoming excessive.

mirrorimg

Get a small 4wd mini-truck. Put some air ride suspension on it so you can ride dumped, and raise it whe you need to tow something around.

I wanted a bike for a while/ still want one, and I prefer CBR's over other bikes. I like the body style, the more upright seating over the R1/R6, though more aggressive than the kawi. Im not a fan of the gsx-r's headlight, but its been growing on me. For me a bike isnt practical without a true job+finishing up school. Im sure at somepoint I will get one, but it will be for weekend fun, with no winter use.

Do you want it for fun? or are you going to take advantage of the low gas consumption and make it your daily? It really isnt too practical to be your DD...

Last edited:
I guess it comes down to, do you have a family to haul around? If not then just get an extended cab 4x4 pickup. if you do then get an suv. I just picked up an 03 burban for the family and love it.

acclude

cheap bastard
AcurInteg96 - those are sick, but not for me :)

No family to lug around so a SUV isn't necessary but preferred because I end up being the DD a lot of times when we go out drinking.

As for the bike, It would be for fun and a DD only on nice days. I plan to DD the teg for the most part but a bike would be so much fun on good weather days :)

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I guess it comes down to, do you have a family to haul around? If not then just get an extended cab 4x4 pickup. if you do then get an suv. I just picked up an 03 burban for the family and love it.
I have an 99 Tahoe and love it, I have always liked chevy suv's and pickups. I have hauled parts all over the place in the back of that thing.