Nick's 1997 GMC Sonoma build thread

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Hello, Club Integra. I'm sad to inform you that I am no longer in the Integra game. I traded it yesterday for a 1997 GMC Sonoma SL5 pickup truck so I can carry my drum set around. I'm going to miss it, but I'm glad to be back in the Chevrolet/GMC game again.

Here's my old car.

And here's my truck.

Here's the run down:
1997 GMC Sonoma SL5 with 156k miles
Extended cab with 3rd door, stepside bed
'98 GMC Sonoma 4.3L V-6 with 155k miles
Floor-shifted 4L60E 4-speed automatic
GM 7.6" 10-bolt rear axle with 3.08 gears and an open differential

Airbox delete with a Spectre air filter
Flowmaster Super 40 with a y-pipe into dual tailpipes

2" front drop (suspension unknown)
Energy Suspension sway bar end links
Adjustable rear air shocks (2" drop)
'94-'97 S-10 15"x7" 5-spoke wheels painted gunmetal with red pinstripes
205/75R15 Toyo Extensa A/S front tires
225/70R15 Toyo Extensa A/S rear tires with 1" spacers

'97 S-10 floor shift gauge cluster with 223k miles (previous cluster was a '95 S-10 column shift gauge cluster with 258k miles) with blue LEDs
Jump seat delete (- ~22 lbs.)
Windshield wiper fluid reservoir delete (- ~1.4 lbs.)
Partially shaved emblems

Last edited:

Ted's Owner

I did manage to get a few things done to the truck today.

I ditched the taillights for some OEM's and shaved the stickers and 'Sonoma' badge off of the tailgate.

I shaved the 'Sonoma' badges off of both of the doors.

Driver's side front

Passenger's side front

And I cleaned the front of the bay a little bit. I didn't clean the actual engine and I won't until I know for sure there aren't any leaks.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
S10 Xtreme conversion, little bit lower and a bit bigger wheels and you'll be good :thumbup:

Ted's Owner

That bed is gonna need some work to be straight again.
I know. My dad and I are contemplating just doing a bed swap.
S10 Xtreme conversion, little bit lower and a bit bigger wheels and you'll be good :thumbup:
The plan right now is to re-do the rear suspension (it has air shocks; I'd be doing with either 2"-3" lowering blocks and new shocks), change the wheels (the wheels are too wide, the front tires are too wide and rub at full lock, and the rear tires barely have any clearance between the inner fender and the sidewall), get the small kinks worked out and the body straight and go from there. It's going to take some time since I'm not exactly loaded, but it'll be fun.

Ted's Owner

It's a little rough, but I do like these trucks. Good luck with it!
Luckily, the looks is all that's rough about it. It runs like a champ. I drove it 50-miles home going between 75-80 mph and had no issues. Decent gas mileage, too.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Nice pick up! Its a shame you have to leave your teg, but you do what you got to do. But you can always get another teg in the future :)

Sent from my phone

Ted's Owner

So, my brother and I are going to a pick-a-part place today. My mom is fronting me $150 to get started.