nipples where coolant hoses go

yetti

yetti
What up CI! I noticed I had a coolant leak, so i replaced a few of the hoses. Both hose on the FITV, the molded U shaped hose, and the hose from the firewall under the U shape one. After doing all that I still saw a light drip. So I pop the hood and checked all the hoses, they seem to be fine. Now as i was feeling around the hoses I slid my hand where they connect to, thise little nozzles/nipples and there is where i felt it was wet. My hoses are new and on nice and snug. My question is this. Those hoses are all connected to the head? And how would I go about repairing them, if at all possible? Thanks for the help.

yetti

yetti
Can anyone help me out on this one? Hey muckman your usually the guy who answers all my questions, where you be? Lol

Muckman

Not a M0derator
This is a case where its difficult to assist without pictures. I don't know exactly which hoses you have replaced and which ones you haven't based just on the description. The leak could be as simple as a bad seal on one of the fittings - Ive seen rust on the nipple, wrong size hose, split hoses, hose clamp is too tight or not tight enough etc. Maybe its not residual liquid from the repair still hanging around? You need to get in there and inspect everything carefully (no feeling around in the dark).

Find the source and get a picture of it.

yetti

yetti
This is a case where its difficult to assist without pictures. I don't know exactly which hoses you have replaced and which ones you haven't based just on the description. The leak could be as simple as a bad seal on one of the fittings - Ive seen rust on the nipple, wrong size hose, split hoses, hose clamp is too tight or not tight enough etc. Maybe its not residual liquid from the repair still hanging around? You need to get in there and inspect everything carefully (no feeling around in the dark).

Find the source and get a picture of it.
Its hard to get a pic of it because there's no space to fit my phone or a camera in. I'm talking about all those hoses in the area of the fitv. I will try to get a pic. But after searching online now I'm kind of convinced it's my head gasket going bad.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
those look dry to me. wrap the ends with a paper towel and start the engine. see if you can identify which hose is leaking. Worm clamps are always suspect because they tear the hose when over tightened.

yetti

yetti
those look dry to me. wrap the ends with a paper towel and start the engine. see if you can identify which hose is leaking. Worm clamps are always suspect because they tear the hose when over tightened.
Hey muckman thats a good idea wish i thought of that lol. Thanks. Well i brought it over to my firends garage and we did a pressure test and found out that one of the hoses wasnt pushed on all the way and the clamp wasnt tight enough. Im still going to do the paper towel things.