Nitrous questions

Joshmmc

I was going to do an LS/VTEC build.. or perhaps a GSR swap, but then I decided that my car has enough power to get me around day to day, and a nitrous kit will get me the same if not more power than the swap if I ever needed a bit of go.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HONDA-CIVIC-ACURA-INTEGRA-NOS-WET-NITROUS-SYSTEM-KIT_W0QQitemZ250442169713QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a4f843d71

I found that. Price seems decent. Is it absolutely everything that I need? Somebody told me that a 45 shot would be a decent boost without risking much harm to my engine, but my choices with this kit are a 35 and a 50. Which should I go with? This will be very occasional use. One or two pulls a week and I won't let my car rev to hell. Is the 50 shot going to potentially do some hurt?

It doesn't come with instructions. Does anyone have a .PDF version of some? How hard is the install?

Is there a cheaper way to make a purge than with a $200 kit? I heard that you can just set up a spare jet to use as a purge.

Thanks

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
nos is like a hot chick with STD's.. you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences...

Joshmmc

Thanks man, I never knew that 6 detailed questions could be answered by one comedic analogy.

I need actual help please!

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
okay okay.. heres some info..

from what i know, you better have the motor built to handle all that hp spike. depending on the shot number, its like adding an instant 500 miles to the motor.

i'd keep nos in a track car. stick with an ls/v or gsr setup.

my friend had a nos setup by a shop in his celica gt-s (the all wheel drive vers) and a moderate build to it. decided to go nos, had fun. and sold the car because it started to have major engine problems after adding nos to it.

is this your only car?

mastershank

NOS means one thing: absolute. complete. sketch.

honestly, if this is your DD, save yourself the money cause NOS (imo) is really unnecessary and very dangerous.

but hey, thats just me lol

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
the ls/v setup is already bad enough, adding nos to that is just dumb, it might last a 6-7 months depending on how much you use the nos.