No dash lights or speedometer?

nexium

So this is weird, I got the leds from superbrightled and they worked wonderful. The other day my cousin put in a new cigarette lighter plug, he plugged in the new ones and we heard a loud POP noise, we checked all the fuses with that needle thing you put in and it beeps and turns red lol. He does the work.

A few days before that my speedometer went out, no idea why. Ideas??

nexium

I hate electrical lol bump for viewing
That makes two of us haha...

I am starting to hate my teg. I have owned 9 cars(currently own 3) (im 25) I usually buy newer ones, (5 years or younger), I bought my teg because I wanted one as a child. Besides my pontiac (only one I will EVER own damn pontiac) this teg has given me nothing but headaches. I have babied this car but it just keeps crying out for me to fix every little damned thing that goes wrong with it.

I do not purposely break my cars haha. I usually buy a car for a year or two and sell it. I get bored, easily, but I LOVE my teg. Only other car I have loved as much as my teg was my VW Passat(fucking epic car, too bad I moved and had to sell it).

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it? Im tired of using my GPS for a speedometer lol.

built_ls

I had the same problem.

The issue with mines was that I had a wire touching metal. It will cause a short and the fuse will blow. Check all the wire behind the radio and make sure they are all taped up with electrical tape.

In my case the wire that was touching was the blue "dimmer" wire for the oem radio. When you install an aftermarket radio you don't need to plug in the blue wire. So i left it hanging there and it was cause all the problem.

Take all your fuses out and see which one is blown.

9394Integra

Red Dawn
I'm currently re-building a 94 GSR. The car has been almost 75% rewired the right way by me. I'll look over my notes and saved threads to see if I can help you out. Stick with it trusty test light in hand and I'm sure you'll find what the problem is. It's a pain but tegs are worth it.

9394Integra

Red Dawn
Built_LS is probably right everything I've run into and from the sounds of it, I do believe in fact it is a loose, cut, or faulty wire if all your fuses are good.

nexium

Don't mean to awaken a dead thread but I have been gone for a while. I checked behind the radio and cigarette lighter and there is nothing wrong. No fuses blown, no open wires, nothing. The Dash lights work when the lights(headlights) are turned off but when I turn them on the whole dash goes dark. The speedometer still doesnt work regardless what I do. I am possibly trading my teg in for a newer one lol. I need to fix this dash light and speedometer issue, Any ideas where else to look?