no idle 92 integra b18a1

Did you calibrate the TPS sensor correctly when you installed it? What map is in the ECU? Did you degree the cam shafts in? Put an OEM fuel pump and regulator in. You have no need for the AEM high flow pump or an after market regulator. Sounds like your air/fuels are way off. Stop just throwing parts at it, speak to a reputable tuner local to you and have them look at the a/f and ignition tables. I really think that would be your best bet.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
I agree with Talon...

Also sounds like timing could be wayyyyy off.

try getting an OE Distributor and make sure once you get back too timing the car you jumper the ECU service port... Alot of folks forget that step.

oldschool92

Well, I messed with the dashpot diaphram and if I hold it up a ll the car will run. So I took it off and made sure it was not leaking inside. Put a new (tighter) piece of vacuum hose on it. Still would not idle. In read that if you bore the cylinder and change the cam duration the stock 68mm throttle plate will not allow enough air in it to run right. What size and kind of throttle body plate would you advise to get. I have all the factory stuff still hooked up on the car and most of the ones I have looked at delete the vacuum ports, idle screw, and no place for the dashpot to screw on it... By the way thanks for Your help man! Guess everyone else is just to good on here...

oldschool92

I just replaced the distributor with a brand new one. Got the miss out of it. I have the fuel regulated to factory specs and yes I put stock injectors in it. I just had another set so figured I would swap and check. The AEM pump just bumped the LPH up a little and does the access fuel not go back into the tank when not being used? On the TPS it is one way or the other. All the way to the left or all the way to the right. One way it would run and the other way it would not. The chip in the ECU is a mugen, p74 i believe. Will have to look. But I have had this problem since before rebuilding the motor. Accept it would atleast stay running. Smells like fuel really bad at idle yet acts like it just runs out, and sounds like it is just gasping for air. I tested all my wiring to/from the ECU and all is well there. My manual calls the IACV an EACV. I cannot keep it at an idle to set the timing perfect but It is very close. Runs to good past idle not to be. I made sure all the marks and cams were lined up correctly when putting it together.

Last edited:
After reading your last 2 posts my thoughts still stand. The TPS is not "one way or another", it needs to be calibrated. Watch the Youtube video Skunk2 did if you need a how to. Next, get rid of that garbage ass chip. It is not a tune from Mugen, it's some junk eBay chip. Get a real tune done. Also, I'd have those cams degreed in. The car may run ok but the timing can still be off. I've seen one of these motors run with the intake cam shaft out 180*. Recheck all your timing marks and see a tuner. Those "Mugen" chips are complete garbage. Get your car tuned on something decent like ECTune, NepTune, etc.

oldschool92

So maybe there is something wrong with my throttle plate cause the TPS is either left or right. There is no adjusting it and I had a guy tell me it should be adjustable and I figured since it has the adjustable holes in it that it would be. Has anyone used or heard anything good on the g-force chip? Where can I go to find the proper tune? When I put the cams in I put punches through the holes in the top of the cam holder into the cams to hold them. There is only one hole in the end of the cam and the lines on the cam gears were lined up perfect. I do not know how to degree the cams though. It did appear that even though the marks on the gears were lined up the exhaust cam /intake cam were sitting in diff positions. Yes I always put the jumper wire in like it says to do. That kills the timimg advance right?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Your car needs to be tuned to your specific setup, there is really no off the shelf tune that will run any specific car perfectly.

oldschool92

I watched the video on adjusting the TPS, gonna go out and try it again. So who/how can I get the proper tune? Thanks for all the input on this! What should the ohm's be for the TPS (factory) for my engine?

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Need to find a tuner local to you. Your best bet for the time being would be to check out Phearable or Xenocron, either one of those guys can get you a decent base map based on your setup. It wont be perfect but it will be better than what you have now.

oldschool92

who are they and how do I get a hold of them? My wife found my head gasket leaking tonight. My guess is the lean condition at idle caused it. Gonna pull the motor out and go back through it. Easier for me to pull the motor than to try and do it in the car. When I was putting the motor together I forgot to put the dowel pins between the head and the block. Found that after I had it all together so I tore it down and put them in. You think that could be why my head gasket is leaking? I did get the TPS set right though. :) lol