No Luck w/ type r spoiler

StoobyMcDooby

Yo yo, I KNOW this has been covered a hundred million times, please do not tell me to search, I already have.

I am just looking for a type r spoiler, OEM or not, makes no difference, that bolts to factory holes. I understand that there will be a hole uncovered= I'm aware of this.

Where can I find one that bolts straight up? I already made the mistake of buying one off spoiler depot, lead to believe it will bolt up, but it most certainly did not. Holes were a mile off. I am weary of buying another one that isn't OEM without someone providing details about fitment BESIDES the seller. I hear ebay ones line up just fine, but I would like some more feeback before i $hit away another $150 . Password JDM DOES NOT have any more DC type r's left. Where else can I look?

I don't want to buy it off someone from here who is not an established member, either.

I Know there are many many threads about this- but understand I am not asking "WIll the type r bolt on to my LS?" . I want to know specifically where to buy from and fitment.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
if you get the oem itr spoiler, than only hole you need to cover up is the wire hole...for your wing, its uber small...easy cap from home depot will fix it... now as far as buying a spoiler, only place that sells a good replica is http://www.spoilerdepot.com/ besides that place I'd stay oem! as far as where to buy a real one, they are everywhere... lol lot of company sell them

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^^ He said he bought his from there and it didn't bolt right up....

I haven't looked into buying one, but i'd think any of the 'JDM' sites should sell you one that would be honda.. Craigslist might help from your area... Just keep your stock wing off and when you get there do a test fit... if it fits, then your good!

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
I dont understand how so many people have problems with this. I've probably owned anywhere between 5-7 ITR wings with 2 Tegs and all but one were aftermarket...all lined up perfectly. I had 2 from Spoiler Depot, which are direct replicas using the same molds Honda used. Spoiler Depot is a great company to work with, I would have told them about the issue and returned it as a damage.

Type-R wings bolt onto LS's fine. Are you sure that there is no damage to your hatch? Even a minor bend or flaw with one of the holes drilled could throw off the fitment of the wing.

StoobyMcDooby

if you get the oem itr spoiler, than only hole you need to cover up is the wire hole...for your wing, its uber small...easy cap from home depot will fix it... now as far as buying a spoiler, only place that sells a good replica is http://www.spoilerdepot.com/ besides that place I'd stay oem! as far as where to buy a real one, they are everywhere... lol lot of company sell them
I'm really not trying to be rude, but did you not read the OP at all?

I dont understand how so many people have problems with this. I've probably owned anywhere between 5-7 ITR wings with 2 Tegs and all but one were aftermarket...all lined up perfectly. I had 2 from Spoiler Depot, which are direct replicas using the same molds Honda used. Spoiler Depot is a great company to work with, I would have told them about the issue and returned it as a damage.

Type-R wings bolt onto LS's fine. Are you sure that there is no damage to your hatch? Even a minor bend or flaw with one of the holes drilled could throw off the fitment of the wing.
I'm 1000% sure my hatch is fine. I have the stock LS wing- i have a factory 95' special edition. It came with a spoiler from the factory, and I have no third brake light on the inside of the car - indicating my car came OEM with a wing.

Let me clarify-

When I got the spoiler depot spoiler, I called them after finding that it didnt bolt, this is what they told me.

"We found that using the OEM bolt locations, too much pressure was exerted on the wing when you are driving down the road- thus causing premature cracks in the spoiler around the base. So we moved the bolts further apart to give the wing a better mounting position. You have to drill one new hole per side"

While that makes sense and seems somewhat logical, it's too bad that they advertise it on their website as a direct bolt on with no modification. I will never do business with them again. They wanted me to pay to have it shipped back.

NIGHTHAWK, where do you get all of your wings from? Ebay? please direct me to a solution.