no money for exhaust? polish your stock!

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
needed
hi temp black paint
400, 600, 2000 grit sand paper
water spray bottle
metal polish
pepboys muffler tip

heres what i started with

paint the bar between the brackets black. they dont see it anyways.

hit it up with 600

finish it with 2000

metal polish that shit, chop off the old welded tip, leave about an inch and get that pepboys tip welded!

Posted from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Ryan659

This just shows you don't need to spend alot of money for it to look good. :thumbup:

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Oh, and if you have time and patience you can polish the whole muffler. Takes some time but i've seen it done, and it looks really good

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
fitment is straight. if you want a bigger tip, that inch thats left on there, gotta chop it into 4 sections and expand it. i just had the muffler shop to weld it.

here it is on my old wheels

and as for polishing the whole thing, fukk that. haha!

Last edited:

Kyle

Just make sure you keep it clean, or it will corrode. Good job though, too bad mine was too rusted and fell apart

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
a good wipedown after a wash worked fine. if it starts to dull, some metal polish (never-dull) will bring it back to life.

Silverdrifter07

Nice work!! looks sick, I put a nice civic si muffler on my 99 gsr, it looks and sounds perfect, quiet enough till vtec then it sounds perfectly tuned with such great smooth, no rasp sound with great power and response. It's a dual tip setup from a 2000 something si. it looks stock and way better than stock or fart cans (did I mention fuck cans...all of them unless you have a turbo pushing lots of power they make no sence. they belong on gt race cars not hondas). So nice work bump on the polish it looks better than new its's unique!
That little upgrade also cost me nothing cause my friend canned his with a nice hipower hks...I laughed cause it's a rice hatch now. so he gave me the stock exhaust with like 20,000 miles on it for free! btw...slides right up to the stock mounts! boom shocka locka, it's ready for the street.