No P/S - Quick Release steering

ArmyIntegra

Registered Teg Driver
I think Kurt might have already answered my question, but due to the fact that his phone no longer works I can't text and ask him again. I don't have power steering due to a leak in the steering rack, would this affect the quick release steering setup I'm planning to get? By affect, I mean would it break, mess up, or alter my steering for the worse?

dlo253

The power steering will have no idea the wheel is removable.. haha, it won't make a difference.

Ganyon

Buy a works bell setup and you won't have a problem

dlo253

Nrg works just fine, and has for the past 11 years. Lol. We're talking street cars here anyways.

Swerve

Shawn
If you don't fix that or swap an eg manual rack in you'll starve that rack bro and the quick release setup will be the least of your problems

ArmyIntegra

Registered Teg Driver
If you don't fix that or swap an eg manual rack in you'll starve that rack bro and the quick release setup will be the least of your problems
You know that time in your life when you're like "I'm having fun but I don't have my shit together in real life" ?? That's where I'm at.

Haha but for real, I know, I think the seal kit is like $90 though and I'm gonna see if our parts guy can get it cheaper first.

R13

The other asshole
This f***ing guy. :lol: jk

I've been running a looped rack for 3 years, Haven't had a problem.

If the seals in the rack itself are blown then you might want to fix it but if the pump leaked or something, loop it and ignore it. :rolf:

Last edited:

osiris19

Is he talking about the rack and pinion or the actual steering column rack? If its the rack and pinion, you should really just buy a new rack. Same with the column rack. Especially if it's an inner piston seal.

Swerve

Shawn
You know that time in your life when you're like "I'm having fun but I don't have my shit together in real life" ?? That's where I'm at.

Haha but for real, I know, I think the seal kit is like $90 though and I'm gonna see if our parts guy can get it cheaper first.
sweet.

Last edited:

Swerve

Shawn

If the seals in the rack itself are blown then you might want to fix it but if the pump leaked or something, loop it and ignore it. :rolf:
And I would consider a looped rack fixed kurt lol that would be my second choice

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Buy a works bell setup and you won't have a problem
NRG works just fine, works bell is also not the best solution out there.

Nrg works just fine, and has for the past 11 years. Lol. We're talking street cars here anyways.
x2. I use NRG in my track car. I used sparco before that one was awesome.

YOLO

x2

And I would consider a looped rack fixed kurt lol that would be my second choice
been running mine for like 5 years.

SeanDA9

Ive been running my p/s rack with no fluid and pump disabled for years with multiple track days. Works bell setup. No problems.
All bases covered, just thought id chime in.