no spark issue?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
I just got my car running not even a week ago. It has been running perfect untill the other day. I was on my way home and my IC pipe wiggled one of my spark plug wires off of the distributor. i pulled over, turned the car off, put the plug back on, got back in and it wouldn't start, just spin over. I got a friend to tow it home.
After further inspection I'm not getting spark. The distributor is brand new, not even 10 minutes on it ( i had bought it earlier thinking i needed it but i didn't), brand new spark plugs, and some msd 8.5mm wires and IGN fuse is good.

I am so confused, i do have my battery relocated to the back. One of my friends said some people have grounding issues so ill check into that. The distributor is getting power through the black and yellow wire.

Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance!

also what wires should i be checking? what do the wires on the larger plug to the distributor do? (I'm not that good with the electrical side of stuff yet)

justjdm

DB8 Whore
You could of shorted out the ignition coil inside the distributor. Happened to me and it took me forever to figure out what it was. You already tried the new distributor then after it happened?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
yeah, i was using my original dizzy when the plug came off, after i got the car towed home i put the new distributor on and it still has no spark,

justjdm

DB8 Whore
yeah, i was using my original dizzy when the plug came off, after i got the car towed home i put the new distributor on and it still has no spark,
I see. One plug goes to the ECU and the other plug goes to the fuse box. I would just check your fuses under the hood just incase and also see if you can move the distributor around, could be a little out of timing.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
fuses are good. And regardless of where the distributor is, I should still be getting spark, in which I'm not.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
fuses are good. And regardless of where the distributor is, I should still be getting spark, in which I'm not.
Hope you didn't mess up the ECU! You could always check the ECU as a last resort. Also, see if there is voltage coming out of the voltage regulator when you crank it. If it's good, voltage will increase and decrease rapidly. If it stays around 7-8 volts all the time, bad ignition coil then. That's how I figured out mine was bad.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
i have s300, no codes, everything seems fine. I'm getting 12-13 volts at "on" and 7-8 when cranking. I can tell the coil is good because the distributor gets warm at "on".

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
i have s300, no codes, everything seems fine. I'm getting 12-13 volts at "on" and 7-8 when cranking. I can tell the coil is good because the distributor gets warm at "on".
That does not mean your coil is good. If there is an internal short, it will also get warm.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
well like Iv'e said before the dizzy is brand new oem honda dizzy that i bought 2 weeks ago and maybe ran for 10 minutes prior to putting it back on this time.