no start need help

iRazor

before you post, yes i have researched and used the search as well as using most of google.. most answers are ignition control module aka ignitor and some others are bad battery and also ignition coil... replaced battery and clutch switch thinking it wasnt working because of the clutch and still same problems... turn key hear click all cluster lights dim and nada, also bench tested my starter and worked fine. still have no start just need a few helpful hints... please anything my integra has literally been parked for over 2 months because its getting less and less reliable with this problem
http://youtu.be/5ydlXyR2Lt0 video... maybe to help

Last edited:

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
It's clearly an electrical problem somewhere between the key switch and the starter. Have you tested the Main Relay? That is something many replace on our cars when they have starting issues.
- Aaron

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Before you ask anymore questions, it's clear to me you don't have the Service manual. Please do an "Integra Service Manual PDF" search online and find one, they are free.

iRazor

well i have AllData access but the one that i have isnt %100 clear and doesnt always show locations, but i can google that one for at home use too

PURPOSE
Supplies power to the fuel injectors, Engine Control Module (ECM) , and fuel pump.

OPERATION
One relay is energized whenever the ignition is on which supplies the battery voltage to the ECM, power to the fuel injectors, and power for the second relay. The second relay is energized for 2 seconds when the ignition is switched on, and when the engine is running, to supply power to the fuel pump.
^from AllData.. and i found the location just went to a different year... it sounds like the main relay would be my problem

Last edited:

iRazor

ok, replaced main relay and still dead.. and now new problem is radio is not working, turned off wont come back on, jump started vehicle and while still connected radio came on then after trying to turn the ignition to the ON position radio dies again.. not sure if it has anything to do with the situation but now this car is angering me to the point to part it out and sell the shell

Physh1

First off, sounds like your battery is totally dead now. I'd fully charge it up & if it's not holding a the charge than replace it. If you've dropped a cell or two in the battery jumping it will only do more harm. It won't act normal so start there.

Have you checked your timing belt? Make sure it hasn't skipped a tooth or two or three.

Cameron

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Look online for a local mobile mechanic who specializes in Honda/Acura's. Ask if he could come by for free and give you an idea of what the problem is, or call a smaller independent shop and ask for some ideas.

iRazor

First off, sounds like your battery is totally dead now. I'd fully charge it up & if it's not holding a the charge than replace it. If you've dropped a cell or two in the battery jumping it will only do more harm. It won't act normal so start there.

Have you checked your timing belt? Make sure it hasn't skipped a tooth or two or three.

Cameron
its a brand new yellow top optima, maybe 2 weeks old so im assuming i have a parasitic draw from somewhere, which i chased one and unplugged it but im assuming i might have more

iRazor

Look online for a local mobile mechanic who specializes in Honda/Acura's. Ask if he could come by for free and give you an idea of what the problem is, or call a smaller independent shop and ask for some ideas.
the closest one is in orlando from me, the other local shops other then honda said its $100 per hour to chase electrical issues which is ridiculous.

treeafodo

Austin
Do yourself a favor and buy a multimeter. For $30-50 you can get a decent one. You can then check the continuity of a wire with it. You could have corrosion, or a broken wire, where it looks fine, but on the inside the wire is actually broken.

For anything electrical you should be using a multimeter rather than just guessing and throwing money at the car. Hopefully this helps.

iRazor

have a multi meter, just not a fancy one. when i first bought the car the main fuse panel under the kick panel was literally spaghetti from ghetto HID's and speakers i rewired most of the cars dashboard wiring so atleast the gauges function properly etc