No start, no crank, can push Start

theman12321

Hi, i have a quick question and if you could answer it that would be amazing. i know your not going to be able to answer this 100% but maybe help in the right direction would be all i need. but here we go.

so i have a integra 91 and it is not starting. i can push the car to start it so all the items to run the car work just fine. when i press the clutch in and try to start i get a click from what seems to be the starter ( which i took to auto zone and ran just fine under no load), so i replaced the starter relay and still not change. i am stumped as to the origin of the problem,

i have also checked the battery which turned out to be okay not great but okay. (but is taken out of the equation due to me having it jump start with no affects.) sorry i know this is a lot of information thrown in no order but if you could possible respond with maybe a video you have made or a list i can check that would be great thanks!

-RJ

Nick_C78

Why would it be his spark plugs if it push starts fine?

Ignition switch comes to mind if it can be push started, but not by key. Thats always either ignition or starter solenoid(assuming battery is fine that is). Try bypassing ignition to see. Turn the key to on position, pop the small wire off the starter, and take a wire(or anything really, I use a screw driver most of the time) to connect the two terminals on the starter. The starter should engage and the car should start. If not then it is your starter solenoid. If it does turn on then it can be a few other things, but likely the ignition switch.

theman12321

man guys two days pulling the starter in and out and buying like 20 new things ended up being a bad ground from the neg. batt wire... make sure to always fully check all wires first and make sure engine has 0 volts when on lol...