no vtec/rev limit problem

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
ok, ive got a 97 integra with a gsr...only mods r a blox intake manifold, itr header, ctr head, high flow cat, and skunk2 exhaust....i havent had ne major problems until now. the cra ran great!!! vtec pulled hard no knocks ne thing! earlier tonight at a meet i was a chase car for a buddy of mine and my car started messing up (i was getting beat by single cams with bolt on that ive walked b4 on the hwy) vtec stopped kicking in completely and my car was red lining at 6500 on the dot.....any ideas or suggestions....tomorrow ima start trying to see whats wrong but if anyone has had this problem b4, any advice will help...thanx guys

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
ya but it is for an O2 sensor...ya i drove it to the meet (20min) away and it sat for maybe 15min and then they were gonna race so i started it up and let it idle for about 3 or 4 min.....i havent heard of limp in, in regards to an engine b4, only in transmissions ive rebuilt so i understand the idea but can yall go into a little more detail as to what happens or what would cause it to go into limp in if thats what it is?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Which o2 sensor? Primary or secondary?

The ECU enters limp mode to protect the engine when something is wrong. It usually limits RPM, runs richer mixtures, pulls timing and shuts down VTEC. It is designed to help get your car somewhere safely when something goes wrong by allowing you to "limp" home or to the shop

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
secondary (the one that somes out of thje bottom of the car with the blue rubber seal) its broke, the jackass that had the car b4 me had the cat set up with the O2 sensor facing straight down so when he went over a speed bump it broke off, ive ran like for a while bc im waiting for my new high flow to come in and it never had ne problems other that a lil rich...and i even put a new one on for the time being and made sure i didnt scrape ne thing and it still ran a lil rich so i just put thje f'd up one back in

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
thanx for the help guys!!!...it was a bad vtec sensor