Noise coming from car

Los117

Sounds like a high pitch cricket , it
Goes away when I have the clutch pushed in....... It's really annoying any help? much appreciated I have 1996 LS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

spoonmectr

Probably your throw-out bearing is going out. I would recommend a new clutch and have your flywheel resurfaced while you have the car torn down.

TheCrimsonStar

Happens to me too. I know it's not the throwout bearing because the SMALLEST amount of pressure makes it stop. Not enough pressure to push the tranny fork. Only sometimes though...doesn't squeak all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Los117

Happens to me too. I know it's not the throwout bearing because the SMALLEST amount of pressure makes it stop. Not enough pressure to push the tranny fork. Only sometimes though...doesn't squeak all the time.

Exactly what happens to me. So how do I fix it? It's annoying lol

TheCrimsonStar

Exactly what happens to me. So how do I fix it? It's annoying lol

Your clutch fluid may have some air in it, so it's not putting the normal amount of pressure on the fork when the pedal isn't pressed. I think that's the issue with mine. I JUST changed the throwout bearing so I know that's not it.

Los117

Your clutch fluid may have some air in it, so it's not putting the normal amount of pressure on the fork when the pedal isn't pressed. I think that's the issue with mine. I JUST changed the throwout bearing so I know that's not it.

I was already looking into a new clutch good thing I waited. Mine makes that noise all the time.

TheCrimsonStar

I was already looking into a new clutch good thing I waited. Mine makes that noise all the time.
Now if your clutch kit is old, it may possibly be the throwout bearing. If it's not old, then it's probably not it. Mine is brand new.

Nick_C78

Just curious. What do you mean by JUST changed it? And what brand is it? I have had a throw out bearing go out in less than a month... Just saying... Especially if you bought it from autozone.

Now back to the original post. How many miles are on your current clutch? Also, when is the last time you changed your transmission fluid?

TheCrimsonStar

Just curious. What do you mean by JUST changed it? And what brand is it? I have had a throw out bearing go out in less than a month... Just saying... Especially if you bought it from autozone.

Now back to the original post. How many miles are on your current clutch? Also, when is the last time you changed your transmission fluid?
Exedy organic stage 1

And by just changed it I mean two weeks ago I changed the clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing and throwout bearing. It only makes noise when it's cold out.

gugiey

Is it an easy fix?
No this requires a transmission over hall . The bearing is at the bottom of the tranny I believe .

If you have a Haynes manual I believe they give guides to it .
And are not mechanically challenged .
Then you can do it your self .

May require special tools that a manual may tell you to use so be aware of that .