NOOB 96 integra wants clean jdm look,PICS!

retro805

First time driver
just bought 96 Integra LS manual transmission 190k miles
want to invest money in my car and will keep forever but i dont know where to start
i want a clean jdm look and i plan on getting an engine swap later. other than that i dont know what to do
any suggestions please??????

i didnt do anything to this car other than buy it from the owners father who didnt know much about the car.

JemmieN

not a girl lol
take off the type r sticker first of all, it will just attract unwanted attention to it and it's not a type r.
maybe lower the car some more

other than that i think it looks great

Alvi84

Its almost a spitting image of my teggie. I think the exterior looks great. Only exterior mod I see I have that you don't would be the OEM optional side skirts. Since it has slightly high miles I'd spend your money on a tune up and maintenance to start and then work on suspension next (adjustable coilovers or a set of lowering springs).

retro805

the type r does get a lot of engine revs from anyone with alteeza lights lol and those dumb evos and wrxs
the car is lower than it looks and its a real bumpy ride like driving in a old el camino
i think i need better springs right???? or with a lowered teggy, am i doomed a bumpy ride???

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
some better wheels would definitely make this car 10x cleaner.

but first... i hope you have an alarm.

retro805

ur integra is nice!!!
i want something like that,clean!!!
side skirts look awsome
i should fix the insides first then work on the more cosmetic stuff last
im no expert but in my engine pics that you can see i think thats a aem short ram intake wich the filter looks dirty.
dc headers???
and a magnaflow exaust tip??
my friend said he might have changed the shifter as well. he said they are closer together then normal and kind of springy.
i havnt noticed because this is my first car
and is it bad for my integra to shift to 2nd gear somtimes at 5k rpms??my dad said i can still blow my engine even though im not redlining it!!

retro805

i think the rims really grew on me i didnt like them before
they remind me of those car wash tokens lol
i dont have an alarm and im very worried as i park in back or sides of parking lots to avoid dings and traffic(nervous new driver)people at work tell me that they see alot of people driving by my car real slow < making a u-turn just dawging my car
and i heard integras are one of the easiest to steal
i was thinking an alrm + kill switch

Cripton805

Do you know what JDM Means?
That's not an LS either, that's an RS.

If you want a more authentic JDM Si-Vtec look do...

Add OEM Front Fog lights
Si-Vtec Lip
Si-Vtec Signals (Half Signals)
REMOVE the ITR spoiler... Those only came on ITRs
Remove ITR sticker
Remove the power door locks. (JDM Didn't have it)

If you really want to take the next step, RHD Conversion.
JDM sun visors, OEM JDM stickers, OEM JDM Mirrors, Etc...

retro805

SSSOoooooo on list is...
1 security alarm and a kill switch
2 i feel like im missing something!!??
3 suspension adjustable coilovers or lowering springs
4 next i would invest in an engine swap(this will take a while haha)
5 si vtec lip
6 oem fog lights
7 si vtec signals
i also have side markers that work but not with the turn signals :(

whitedc4

so far the list looks good.

number one is very smart..
if you plan on keeping your car forever then invest in lojack, an alarm, back up battery for alarm and several kill switches. you'll spend a lot of money but trust me if your car gets stolen you'll wish you wouldn't have bought all the add ons and just secured it.

freespirit

lowjack or an alarm system with GPS tracking on it. Either one should suffice. If they take it with a tow truck....at least you have a chance to track it or the cops have a chance to track it. Better safe than sorry.

and like everyone else has said already....take that type r sticker off your vehicle.