noob battery question

alexjoo

so i just got an amp and subs about to get an alarm system and a head unit with gps and dvd player......i have a pretty shitty battery in my car, i kinda know i should get a new battery maybe buddy club? haha but would i need anything else? like a back up battery or idk what else haha thanks in advanced

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You won't need a backup battery for that stuff, though getting a small backup battery for the alarm is a good idea. Because the first thing most theives will do to disarm an alarm is disconnect the battery/cut the alarm's power. Backup batteries for things like a stereo system are really only necessary for running the system with the car off for legnthy periods of time.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
so i just got an amp and subs about to get an alarm system and a head unit with gps and dvd player......i have a pretty shitty battery in my car, i kinda know i should get a new battery maybe buddy club? haha but would i need anything else? like a back up battery or idk what else haha thanks in advanced
get a 6 cell yellow top i hear they are the best

RD408

^What he said. Optima's are awesome :thumbs up

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I put an Optima in my 2005 Civic last fall. Cost $155 at Advanced Auto Parts, but at least they took my old dead battery off my hands for free. It has cut down on my headlight dimming problem alot, but not completely.

alexjoo

so is the back up battery for an alarm system like a car battery or is it like a double a or what? haha

*edit and thanks for all the comments guys! much appreciated

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Optima's are six cell. See the round sections, there's a third behind that flat part, and another row of three in the back.

Optima's are a dry cell style battery. They never leak and can be mounted in any position, even upside down.

red.line

Optima's are great from what I've heard..but if you still have problems with dimming lights or anything of the sort, consider upgrading your alternator.