noob from Wisconsin

Godlike

Hey All! I am joining this site because im looking for a 3rd gen teg to autocross. I wanted to read up on year specific options for these cars to help me find what I really want. Plus maybe ill find one for sale here.
Im retiring my 87’ Teg from racing and putting it up for sale cause its just too old and rusty to race anymore. Its been a dual purpose winter beater/ track car for me for the past 8yrs. Plus ive had to pull the trans like 6 times I think. Ive blown up 2 transmitions, broken 2 clutch fork return springs and sheered the clutch fork bolt twice. This car cant handle me and autoX together so please tell me 3rd gens are more durable. Don’t get me wrong im basically just mean to the car (1-2 / 2-3shifts with out lifting throttle on occasion)(and lots and lots of burnouts)(reverse doughnuts in the snow)(burnouts while pulling 4wheeler trailer….) This is my car tokyo drifting the last corner at miller park.

Godlike

Im kind of in to all kinds of cars though. I have an awd Astro van that I got to trailer cars with and a 69 Impala that im restoring now. I also somehow got hooked on Chevy Berettas about 10years ago. So instead of buying something with aftermarket support like your cars I generally stick all of my money into this 90’ GTZ.
I put about 5k into the motor. It’s an infamous Quad 4 built for nitrous that’s dynoing 171whp na untuned. Im installing a close ratio trans right now and hopefully will be running it at the track on some M/Ts this year. Baised on what other beretta nerds have run with these 2 modds im expecting to run a sub 14sec pass on motor. And from there the plan is to dyno tune the car with spray until it runs 12.90's or blows up. A lot of times I think of how fast I could have made a Honda go with the $12k total investment I got into this 2 door Corsica but I love my car. Its different.

Godlike

Heres my 69' as it sits right now. runs and drives with origional 350 4bbl and a powerglide. The picture looks like crap but its a 69 Corvette rally yellow.

Godlike

Good. I test drove one recently that had suspension done and it felt like it would dominate the category that it would be in at my club! They seriosly feel like little fwd sports cars. I cant wait to get one and start beating my friend at track with his SeR.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Wisconsin, eh?

I'm in wisconsin too! actually looking to come down to miller park for the next autocross with my DC. I'll take ya for a ride if you want to... haha

I've only crossed it once so far at the Dells, but really looking forward to getting into the sport more this summer.

Godlike

That would be cool. Im trying to get over there to meet up with some friends of mine w/ the WIA club. Our club (MSCC) just had a meet at the dells actually and I missed it!

mteg

Automatic Lover
How much are you selling your 1st gen for? You live like 10min away from me.lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Good. I test drove one recently that had suspension done and it felt like it would dominate the category that it would be in at my club! They seriosly feel like little fwd sports cars. I cant wait to get one and start beating my friend at track with his SeR.
i think you change class if you have suspension modifications done. IE sway bar asr brace etc, under SCCA rules not too sure, i always go under street modified

xusake

Hey All! I am joining this site because im looking for a 3rd gen teg to autocross. I wanted to read up on year specific options for these cars to help me find what I really want. Plus maybe ill find one for sale here.
Im retiring my 87’ Teg from racing and putting it up for sale cause its just too old and rusty to race anymore. Its been a dual purpose winter beater/ track car for me for the past 8yrs. Plus ive had to pull the trans like 6 times I think. Ive blown up 2 transmitions, broken 2 clutch fork return springs and sheered the clutch fork bolt twice. This car cant handle me and autoX together so please tell me 3rd gens are more durable. Don’t get me wrong im basically just mean to the car (1-2 / 2-3shifts with out lifting throttle on occasion)(and lots and lots of burnouts)(reverse doughnuts in the snow)(burnouts while pulling 4wheeler trailer….) This is my car tokyo drifting the last corner at miller park.
when did miller park have a autoX? i've been living there for 4years and i never heard of any autoX there dam!.

D-MART90DA9

MY CAR IS A AUTOBOT
Im kind of in to all kinds of cars though. I have an awd Astro van that I got to trailer cars with and a 69 Impala that im restoring now. I also somehow got hooked on Chevy Berettas about 10years ago. So instead of buying something with aftermarket support like your cars I generally stick all of my money into this 90’ GTZ.
I put about 5k into the motor. It’s an infamous Quad 4 built for nitrous that’s dynoing 171whp na untuned. Im installing a close ratio trans right now and hopefully will be running it at the track on some M/Ts this year. Baised on what other beretta nerds have run with these 2 modds im expecting to run a sub 14sec pass on motor. And from there the plan is to dyno tune the car with spray until it runs 12.90's or blows up. A lot of times I think of how fast I could have made a Honda go with the $12k total investment I got into this 2 door Corsica but I love my car. Its different.
a friend of mine has a boosted beretta its purple we call it the purple people eater :welcome:

Godlike

How much are you selling your 1st gen for? You live like 10min away from me.lol
Im asking $1100. Come check it out if you want.. Im in Indianford at the top of the hill on hwy F. Although someone might pick it up to night from the sounds of it.