Noob question...

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Alright guys (and gals) i've got a quick question, im putting in my short ram intake today and saw this "j" pipe coming off my stock intake and was like what the heck is it.

My dad is freaking out that it's important and that if it isn't on my car it wont run properly, i say that i dont think it needs to be in with the new intake. Some clarification would be nice before we kill each other please lol :roll:

Cman46290

Its needed for use with the stock air box... but if you are installing a new short ram intake... then you will be pulling air from the engine compartment... and wont be using that part anymore... so it isnt needed. Just make sure to hook up the new intake correctly and you will be fine

jznsn2u

I took mine out too :p. in both my cars.

mirrorimg

Its needed for use with the stock air box... but if you are installing a new short ram intake... then you will be pulling air from the engine compartment... and wont be using that part anymore... so it isnt needed. Just make sure to hook up the new intake correctly and you will be fine
This is not the resonator that feeds into the fender. This is a rubber, U/J shaped item attached to the center of the OEM intake arm.

I dont know exactly what it does, but I will repost with more info later, unless some one beats me to it (what it is there for).