Noob Tuner.... Head Questions..help!

one_stitch

Ok, I posted a similar thread and got no response. I will simplfy and hope to get an answer. I noticed on the head of my 93 LS, non Vtec (i think), where the Vtec solenoid can mount to the head. it looks like one has been mounted there before and removed recently. It is plugged off by a cheapo plastic plug but it has threaded holes where the solenoid can mount. Like I said it looks like something has been mounted there before. I am wondering if someone did some kind of swap before I bought it. Do non Vtec motors from the factory have a machined spot on the head for the Vtec solenoid or do I have a Vtec head on this car or a different motor than I think? I have looked for pics online but can't find anything. hoping someone out there knows. So do non Vtec motors from the factory have a spot for the Vtec solenoid or is it completely bare?

916LSpinoy

The JDM Pinoy
Well for anyone to help you....first and formost you have to Post PICTURE of what you are talking about!!! Words are Pointless unless you put a PICTURE to it!!!

midnightdragon

teggy gurl
If it is a 93 LS it is non-vtec
my car is a 98 LS-no vtec (I believe vtec was only on the type r & gsr?)

just a thought- u can look up your vin# online to see if the car originally had a vtec motor & find the vin plate on you motor to make sure its the original motor

I agree a pic would help though (I could check it on my hubby's 93 teg)

rockadilla

thats right.
the VTEC solinoid cannot mount on a non-VTEC head
it must be something else

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if your motor doesnt say dohc vtec on the valve cover (assuming its stock) it does not have the vtec.
the left hand side of the head has the dizzy in the back and the cam seal cap in front. Unless the previous owners were dumb enough to think they could do a ls vtec conversion by just putting on a solenoid the holes are normal.

one_stitch

Thanks everyone. I thought it was a b18A1 ot B1. Anyway, I agree I think the mount is normal and the cap is normal. I think it is a normal non vtec head. just wanted some other opinions. thanks!

one_stitch

Again, thanks to everyone. And to Mark "916LSpinoy" P. Save it, I was going to post a picture if I got no response. As I suspected there were a few people who knew exactly what I was talking about without a pic. SO, save your 2 cents. I don't need useless info, in fact no one does.So unless you can actually add some helpful comments save that shit punk.

Last edited:

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
your car is a ls=b18b1=no vtec
Thanks everyone. I thought it was a b18A1 ot B1. Anyway, I agree I think the mount is normal and the cap is normal. I think it is a normal non vtec head. just wanted some other opinions. thanks!
Actually, it is a B18A1 (unless it was swapped to something else). Tam is wrong.

Again, thanks to everyone. And to Mark "916LSpinoy" P. Save it, I was going to post a picture if I got no response. As I suspected there were a few people who knew exactly what I was talking about without a pic. SO, save your 2 cents. I don't need useless info, in fact no one does.So unless you can actually add some helpful comments save that shit punk.
Chill the f*ck out dude. Don't come on this forum acting like a douche when you're a total noob, and in this case WRONG. He's right - pictures of the engine, engine code, and head code would actually help quite a bit. We're guessing at what you're talking about without them.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
if your motor doesnt say dohc vtec on the valve cover (assuming its stock) it does not have the vtec.
the left hand side of the head has the dizzy in the back and the cam seal cap in front. Unless the previous owners were dumb enough to think they could do a ls vtec conversion by just putting on a solenoid the holes are normal.
This too.

one_stitch

Big Mac you can F**k off too. Noob or not, don't be a dick. I don't need anyone yelling at me with exclamation points to post pictures. My question was answered without his, or your help. I believe you were a douche bag on another post I made. I will post whatever I want on this forum. Big words and lots of balls. Seen it before. DOubt you would be a smart a** to me in person. Don't worry, I have joined another forum....don't need attitude from little pric*s who don't know anything about cars without google.