nOOb

dumbasbricks04

Hey everyone,
tonight i purchased a 92 LS integra for a whopping $100. it has got a rod knock from hell but it has much hope. Some of you may know me from b15sentra.net (totaled my sentra a week ago). and some of you probably know my brother from clubcivic.com (slambed civic) if you know him then the pproblem of a rod knock doesnt seem so bad. Plans for the new teg...drop a new b18 into it within the next week or 2 when ever me and jason get time. thats it for now i hope to be talking to some of you soon
-brian :D

Chuckie Finster

dumbasbricks04 said:
yes actually b/c if i decide to turbo it then the B18b can handle more psi bc it is non vtec
It's not because of the VTEC system that doesn't allow you to boost as much. Either of those engines, VTEC or not, can take in boost until your heart contents. The reason is because the VTEC B's are usually higher compression from the factory. They're more efficient but when going for max boost just won't handle as much as the lower compression non-VTEC's. Now if you use aftermarket pistons to lower the compression on the other hand...