Noobie here!

doubleRcrew

4 doors <3
hello. everybody i am new on this site. i dont have a import car but really want one. maybe a 96 or up civic coupe or a 94 and up integ. i dont even know how to drive stick shift :\ but willing to learn for sure. i have a few friends that are into import cars (mostly integs and civics), and one of them know quite well and all around their cars. right i am trying to sell my current car and get a import car. the first thing i know i need to learn is to drive manual. so called "friends" i cant seem to let them train me on driving manual. so my question is if i do get a hold of a integ or civic, i want to be able to work under the hood myself so i dont have to depend on my "friends". i can depend on them but man to me it sounds alot of bs when i try to talk to them. im pretty sure if you people are in that "import game" you know what im talking about. seems like they dont want to help each other out they always hiding little side deals you know what i mean?? i say everybody shoould help out each other. i really want to get down one these cars. i have no clue where to start. i hope im not confusing anybody. im drooling for an import car (5-speed!). any help or advice will mean alot to me.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
welcome man, the best thing to do is start looking on here and reading up on how people work on their cars, get a 5sp for sure too

j13

Keep It Clean
Check out craigslist you could come up one cheap. And yeah get a 5spd:thumbs up

doubleRcrew

4 doors <3
my friend's friend is selling a clean white civic for $2200. any tips on driving manual?

j13

Keep It Clean
Get a 1994-2001 Integra:thumbs up

5speeds are easy to drive man. Look up the basics online and get behind the wheel. It'll come to you

OBEY POSSE GSR

ask and ye shall recieve
welcome dude . first of all definately get an integra idk about you but in colorado integra are rare to see fixed up but civics are everywhere . too common for me but the choice is yours dude. but ya craigs list is the definately the way to go first and while you look you can learn to drive manual. and if u ever need ANY advise , i think i speak for all member here when i say we would be glad to help you . no question is too stupid u cant learn if you dnt ask. so ya bro lookin forward to your pick :thumbs up

doubleRcrew

4 doors <3
thanks man that mean alot big time. and if i do get a me a integ or civic i want to work on it on my own. i dont want to depend on my buddies, im pretty sure they are going to be shady at some points if i ask them for help i know it. im a chill person and really like helping people. it would be friggin cool if i can come up to them in my nice import car out of now where they would be hating!! haha. especially if your the fastest out of your friends , oh man. i hung out with of my racing friends and they always talk all on and on about cars and racing, i feel like some of them keep each other close for favors. like why cant they help out each other? my buddy told me i just have to get into the that "jdm game" or w/e. sorry if im drifting off. pretty sure you get my drift.

and oh my friend cant teach me b/c he is afraid i might mess up his transmission or i stall it all crazy. i dont want to buy a 5-speed and mess it up for me. i will try to find someone who can teach me well though. thanks.

The Panch

The Homie
I didnt know how to drive at one time. A few youtube videos. And less then 2 times behind the wheel and i never had a problem. I always thought it would be hard but it wasn't. Dont make a mouse into a giant

soggieb18b1

soggie
Welcome to the club man. I got a good deal on craigslist pretty much how i was hoping to find one. Already lowered and complete. Then i started to wrench on it little by little with my chilton of course. Also check out some meets around you it helps you build up more of a network of help. Good luck

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
ya its not real tough. clutch in, shift, apply gas as you release clutch. its not terribly difficult.

doubleRcrew

4 doors <3
the car i have now is a 93 camry, which i can probably sell for an easy 2 grand. i never sold or buy a car. how much extra cash should i have when i buy and sell a car? my buddy said $500 just in case. i was thinking around $100 for the registration fee. and lately on CL, ive seen 94^ integs around $1500-1800.

check out this one its an auto. tho: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1883050132.html

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
when you pay the guy, see if you can talk him into umm...altering..the sale price, itll save you a bit of money, just keep it reasonable. When i bought my jeep i gave the guy 4k but we wrote 2500 on the BOS so i didnt have to pay as much in taxes :)