Noobie here!

skylineguy2612

yea i bought a car and the guy actually wrote that i paid 100 bucks for it to save me from taxes...(though i only paid 600 for the car) and i didnt know how to drive a 5 speed but it came easy and ive never stalled... a little tip that helped me out alot is when you are taking off in 1st, make sure the rpms are above 1500 when you take your foot off the clutch and keep it above there. idk anyone elses opinion on that tip but its been golden for me... good luck

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
make sure the rpms are above 1500 when you take your foot off the clutch and keep it above there. idk anyone elses opinion on that tip but its been golden for me... good luck
thats what i use to shoot for when i started out, now i just go off sound/feel

DC_Five_Earl

I stalled a couple of times when I was learning, now driving manual is second nature to me. Great feeling after you get the ropes

The Panch

The Homie
id never buy on automatic again.

oh and i did by sound. i had a s2 racing dual exhuast. any higher then 4000rpm was annoying in any gear

j13

Keep It Clean
Ease off the clutch while pressing the gas, as soon as you're in mostion take the rpm's to 3000...than push in the clutch, lett off the gas, shift to second and repeat:thumbs up

Its been a little while since I've drivin a 5 speed...so I'm rusty by now..

NorthEndGhost

The key in starting off in 1st is leveling off... When you slowly let the clutch out, you'll start to feel the friction point when the car starts to pull. Ease into the gas at the same level as the clutch pedal & increase gas pressure while releasing clutch pressure. End of class, quiz later...:lol:

soggieb18b1

soggie
just make sure you do your research, you know shop around cuz you will kinda know what is reasonable as far as price. you know for mods or stock also mileage. Dont b afraid to buy one wit a lot of miles cuz if maintained well they run forever. I got lucky and am a third owner, I got all maint recs. from 95 til now. dont b scared to poke around and ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS.

doubleRcrew

4 doors <3
thanks people nice to be welcomed :D. dude im such a Noobie 9000. i dont even know how to put air in my tires. my friend showed me, but i totally forgot. you fellers/gals are probably laughing your asses off. well its the truth. and dude i was running my car w/o coolant for like almost a week. yeah i know.... i dont even know the basics on wrenchin`. i know how to change spark plugs though :D. yeah once i get my that ride ill ask questions. nice knowing theirs a helping hand out there. thanks again.

j13

Keep It Clean
thanks people nice to be welcomed :D. dude im such a Noobie 9000. i dont even know how to put air in my tires. my friend showed me, but i totally forgot. you fellers/gals are probably laughing your asses off. well its the truth. and dude i was running my car w/o coolant for like almost a week. yeah i know.... i dont even know the basics on wrenchin`. i know how to change spark plugs though :D. yeah once i get my that ride ill ask questions. nice knowing theirs a helping hand out there. thanks again.
We all gotta start somewhere homie. I went from working on v8 carb' engines to learning a shit load about Honda computers, sensors, learning how to convert dual point FI system harnesses, to multy point, ect ect. Hondas are all around my family, why not learn..Just take it in like a wet spong, and soak it in...learn and remember. Don't worry about making mistakes, because you learn from them.

The #1 things you need is a good tool set and a mind that's wanting to learn.