NOS in stock DA

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
you can put at least a 25 shot if you fully build the motor top and bottom

crash.1340

You will probably end up torching a valve or two if you shove Nitrous (NOS is a brand name) down the intake.

Liljmart13

Jacob
Lol ok so Im guessing even a small shot is bad? I just want somthing small for when I get bored lol. And I know it's nitrous. I just forgot how to spell it

seahtech

Knowing which engine you want to do this with would be nice. I am assuming that 99% of people here (and in the world lol) are basing their answers about using Nox on the Fast and the Furious movies or what their friends-cousins-moms-boyfirends-sisters-husband told them it did to their engine.

Want the truth? You probably cant handle it but there is NOTHING wrong with Nox or using it as a 'power-adder'.

Nitrous Oxide is used to achieve the EXACT same thing as 'boost'. To bring more combustible oxygen into the chamber. Boost applications (SC/Turbo) do this through mechanically forcing "air" into the intake. Basically since "air" doesnt have much actual oxygen in it they cram as much shit into the intake as possible to get the desired amount of oxygen.

Nitrous Oxide is used to chemically produce this additional oxygen. As it enters the combustion chamber the heat causes the nitrous and oxygen to seperate. Nox is made up of 36% oxygen whereas air is only 23% by weight so you can see the benefits.

The reason Nox systems have such a bad repuation is because they arent without their dangers. Popular media likes to describes them as blowing up engines after any and all uses, not to mention your diamond-plate floor boards flying out!!! This is because when not enough fuel is added to compensate the sudden increase in oxygen the combustion chamber temperatures will sky rocket exponentially. Think oxy-acetylene torch!!!

Not to scare you away (because I am a loyal nox uses and have been for years) but there are some dangers. If you FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS and/or get the setup tuned properly there is nothing wrong with it. When turbo motors blow up or if an n/a engine floats at 11k+ nobody blames the industry and completely rides it off!!

get a NEW kit (venom has the more "controlability" and is the best IMO) and follow the directions for setup and tuning it and you can SAFELY run a 50 or 75 shot. If your engine has some miles go 50 if its somewhat healtyh 75 is the upper edge. Limit your sprays to no more then 10-13 seconds.

I sprayed 75 on my Si for over 3 months before I sold it. My H22/23 had a 100 on it and I daily drove it 75 miles a day for over a year and sprayed on it every clear weekend night at the races. Just picked up a new jdm itr and plan on spraying this engine too!

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Why not build your engine first? If you don't know how to do basic mechanial things then you have no business adding a nitrous setup.

Knowing which engine you want to do this with would be nice. I am assuming that 99% of people here (and in the world lol) are basing their answers about using Nox on the Fast and the Furious movies or what their friends-cousins-moms-boyfirends-sisters-husband told them it did to their engine.

Want the truth? You probably cant handle it but there is NOTHING wrong with Nox or using it as a 'power-adder'.

Nitrous Oxide is used to achieve the EXACT same thing as 'boost'. To bring more combustible oxygen into the chamber. Boost applications (SC/Turbo) do this through mechanically forcing "air" into the intake. Basically since "air" doesnt have much actual oxygen in it they cram as much s*** into the intake as possible to get the desired amount of oxygen.

Nitrous Oxide is used to chemically produce this additional oxygen. As it enters the combustion chamber the heat causes the nitrous and oxygen to seperate. Nox is made up of 36% oxygen whereas air is only 23% by weight so you can see the benefits.

The reason Nox systems have such a bad repuation is because they arent without their dangers. Popular media likes to describes them as blowing up engines after any and all uses, not to mention your diamond-plate floor boards flying out!!! This is because when not enough fuel is added to compensate the sudden increase in oxygen the combustion chamber temperatures will sky rocket exponentially. Think oxy-acetylene torch!!!

Not to scare you away (because I am a loyal nox uses and have been for years) but there are some dangers. If you FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS and/or get the setup tuned properly there is nothing wrong with it. When turbo motors blow up or if an n/a engine floats at 11k+ nobody blames the industry and completely rides it off!!

get a NEW kit (venom has the more "controlability" and is the best IMO) and follow the directions for setup and tuning it and you can SAFELY run a 50 or 75 shot. If your engine has some miles go 50 if its somewhat healtyh 75 is the upper edge. Limit your sprays to no more then 10-13 seconds.

I sprayed 75 on my Si for over 3 months before I sold it. My H22/23 had a 100 on it and I daily drove it 75 miles a day for over a year and sprayed on it every clear weekend night at the races. Just picked up a new jdm itr and plan on spraying this engine too!
Well put. I agree.

The amount of Nitrous oxide you can run will be dependent on whether it is a dry or wet set up and how healthy your motor is.

seahtech

Why not build your engine first? If you don't know how to do basic mechanial things then you have no business adding a nitrous setup.
there is no need to build a motor for entry level spray applications.

do you have to build a gsr to run low boost? ie Peakboost, drag, full race kits? or a simple JRSC kit? No you do not. Most people here cannot correctly explain how turbo or sc systems works or the theory behind it and yet they run those setups. Once nitrous kits are installed correctly and tuned they are as simple as keeping the bottle full, pushing the button down and holding on! 50-75 shots on stock engines are completely fine.

For the big boys that are running 150-300 shots and sometimes multiple stages of course the engine needs to be built but not for small amount.

oh and for added fun get a purge kit, aim it sideways around the fender area, and purge on people at stop lights. their reactions will be the funniest shit you've ever seen