Not another 'My car won't start' thread

tman327

Have a bit of a prob with my integra, it won't start. I was driving home from work the other and noticed a slight stench of electrical burning. That same evening, tried starting it and nothing happened. My lights came on fine, radio worked fine, heard my fuel pump kick-in, but when turning the key to start, I get absolutely nothing- no clicking, no attempt from the starter to kick over, nothing. I've been browsing around the forums to see what I could eliminate. Checked the fuses, I had the starter tested last night, and that checked out ok, replaced the main relay; that didn't solve it. Checked my battery with a volt meter and that's ok. Checked grounds as well that I could find... I kinda have a hunch that it may be my clutch switch but idk. There a way to bypass that? Also curious on where I could locate the starter relay and if that's possibly it? I'm really running out of ideas on what it could be, and I really need to get this solved asap, seeing as it's my daily driver. Input is well appreciated

-also checked to see if the starter silonoid was getting power, and it is

Last edited:

Cripton805

If it's not turning over, I had a similar problem... took me a couple days to figure out that one of my connections was dirty in the engine bay fuse box. The plug with wires was really dirty. Clean it. Try that =)

tman327

Well, narrowed it down to something electrical. Cleaned the fuse box area with no luck. Replaced the ignition switch wire loom, and STILL nothing. I checked each wire from the ignition loom to see if it's the tumbler, but there is power from each wire. There is a black wire with a white stripe that comes on during ignition, and there is a wire one the starter silonoid with that same wire, but it doesn't get power when I crank for start. So I'm assuming that they are connected- I'm losing power somewhere between there and were the loom hooks up behind the firewall. Someone know which wire I'm talking about? and what could be intercepting between those points?

Cripton805

Well, narrowed it down to something electrical. Cleaned the fuse box area with no luck. Replaced the ignition switch wire loom, and STILL nothing. I checked each wire from the ignition loom to see if it's the tumbler, but there is power from each wire. There is a black wire with a white stripe that comes on during ignition, and there is a wire one the starter silonoid with that same wire, but it doesn't get power when I crank for start. So I'm assuming that they are connected- I'm losing power somewhere between there and were the loom hooks up behind the firewall. Someone know which wire I'm talking about? and what could be intercepting between those points?
Did you clean the plug I told you about? I had white residue crap all over it. I could only clean it with a Q tip.