Not Happy at ALL!!!! Stolen dc2

inteeegraaaaaa

Ok, let me start off by saying car insurance is a legal for of theft. My 95 Dc2 was stolen from the parking lot of my job on Saturday April, 3. It was then recovered by Las Vegas Metro PD on monday the 5th. My insurance company (USAA) just now got around to finally giving me a quote on the value of my car.... and this is where my problem is. they said my car is worth $1900, minus my deductible that is $500, and minus what they say is a $600 scrap value.(I don't know a single scrap yard that would pay this for a car) they want to pay me $800. Granted the only thing stolen from my car was my full interior, black leather front and rear seats and my home made short ram intake.... I am leaving out the $1200 system since it was not covered any way. Oh they also ripped my entire steering column apart. My main issue with this is the fact they must be crazy thinking i could actually replace my dc2 for anything less then 3grand, and the fact that if i retain possession of my car i legally have to get my car from Vegas back to Delaware in order to have it re inspected and a salvage title issued. I dont even know the legality of driving this car at the moment, not to mention the fact i cant really afford the trip since i am already on a $1200 vacation as i type...

Sorry for the rant, i basically just wanted to know if anyone else here has had there car stolen or totaled recently and what the insurance company offered you, and if you got more money then they origonaly stated how did you go about it?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
that sucks, but thats ussually how it is with integras, if your car gets stolen or wreked, you have to start over :/ but thats really a low payment, shouldbe at least 2,000 after all the bullshit charges

L_Acura_S

Thats ridiculous. When I got in an accident I got 3200 for my shitvic. and that was only 60 percent of the value since I was 40 percent at fault

inteeegraaaaaa

Thats ridiculous. When I got in an accident I got 3200 for my shitvic. and that was only 60 percent of the value since I was 40 percent at fault
My friends 97 civic, was hit in the front fender a few weeks back and they said his car was worth almost 6 grand... i dont get it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
When my 96 GSR was totaled a few years back, they gave me $5,000. I only paid $4,500 for it so I wasn't going to bitch about it.

DWATTS5250

Well she looked 18!....
call the DOI Dept Of Insurance....., or hire an Independant appraiser to come out and look over your vehicle and give an estimate of value. Sometimes insurance comps wont cover anything special you've put into the car, unless you have it noted in your policy. (like my 8" llift on my jeep....not covered, because I didnt have special coverage added) I got hosed. But I learned.

TheRage

That guy.
call the DOI Dept Of Insurance....., or hire an Independant appraiser to come out and look over your vehicle and give an estimate of value. Sometimes insurance comps wont cover anything special you've put into the car, unless you have it noted in your policy. (like my 8" llift on my jeep....not covered, because I didnt have special coverage added) I got hosed. But I learned.
or like when I totaled my autocross spec miata,the wreck was not my fault,but i'm paying for hospital bills still,and I have a fractured back from it,lol. but unto the car talk I had just put a new cage and top and rims and tires onto the miata which equals 3+grand or higher and I ended up getting 3,900 for the entire car.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
This is a good example for all those people who say that theft insurance is their sole security measure.

I've had to fight the insurance company over a car's value before. In my case, a lady wrecked into my 90 Si and they wanted to give me a couple hundred bucks. I was living in San Diego at the time and we all know that these cars have a much higher value especially in certain areas like CA. There are several ways to check the value of a car, KBB, Edmunds, and Nada guides are common. They will pick the one that gives you the lowest value. What you need to do is tell the adjuster you contest their appraisal. They will fire off a check to you in hopes that you will cash it and then it's all over. You need to return the check.

The next thing you need to do is look for cars for sale close to you that are almost exactly the same. It can be quite hard finding un-modified Hondas and Acuras. Mileage and paint don't have to be exact. Collect at least half a dozen ads and then send them copies.

The insurance company delayed the process over one year. They gave my case to another adjuster and then another after that. Luckily, CA had a very aggressive insurance commissioner. So I called the insurance commission and filed a complaint. The insurance company called me the same day (after ignoring my calls for weeks) and I had my money in less than a week.

j13

Keep It Clean
To the OP...that sucks man! Hope everything works out for you mang.

you need to call ur insurance company and get a megaphone to scream at them through

Yeah or do what Bart Simpson did and put all those police megaphones end-on-end and yell testing! In their ear...lol

choyoyoing

How you like my v-tec?
I've had to deal with insurance, but it wasn't with mine...it was with the other guys insurance. Here's the story I posted on here [pics included]: CLICK HERE

But I didn't really have a bad experience. I was really lucky. They paid up to 80% of the value of my car and I ended up getting cashed out for a little over $3,000. So, I didn't have to put a salvage on the title and I kept my car. But I still believe some of my luck was just me being really persistant and accurate. I kept most of the information that was going back and forth documented by way of emails. I think this made them double check their records since they knew I wasn't messing around.

Damn Insurance company's.....they are only in it for their own gain without having "Accountability".:evil:

heykosal

Angkorian
Sucks man, I feel you. My GSR got stolen in '08.

Fuck theives I hope they get what they've got coming.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
Wow, USAA isn't my insurance company, but they gave me $2200 instead of fixing my DC4 that their customer pretty much totaled (preliminary estimate was over $3k in damages). It would have been a few hundred more if I didn't buy it back. I only paid $1500 for this thing. You're actually their customer and they're only giving you a fraction for a GSR?! :shock:

I agree, insurance companies are definitely crooks. You pay all that money a month just so you pay even more money when something actually happens? That's why you gotta get attorneys. I've learned my lesson. Next time someone hits me or causes me to hit them, I'm gonna see if I can afford an attorney first.

Idk what insurance company my friend had but he only got $800 (after buyback) for his DA9.

Last edited:

iheartmyteggy

yea when my tegg was stolen they didnt really take anything but my system and my gsr blades.
i was devistated. shit sucks man. but i got my baby back so its all good.