Now what tire is better

killab18

Ok i know what size tire im gonna get. 205/45/R16. now im still confused on a tire. Im looking for something that has a good tredlife and still has some grip. I dont need an all weather tire cuz i live in vegas. and the car is a daily driver and i will run the car a few times on the 1/4 mile this year but might get extra tires for that. So i need something for daily driving and that isnt crazy in price. I was lookin at the yokohama ES100 and the parada spec-2. which one would be better and how is the tredlife on these 2 tires. also if there are any tires that are close to the same specs and price let me know. thanx alot.

Last edited:

sOuL

killab18 said:
Ok i know what size tire im gonna get. 205/45/R16. now im still confused on a tire. I dont need anything thats like crazy for autocross. just a good tire with good life and has some grip. Anything will be better than what i have now. i can barely 20 around a corner without squealling. lol. aight i came across the yokohama ES100's and the Parada spec 2's. out of those which one is better. or if there is another tire that is in the same price range and quality please let me know. thanx
i have Falkin Ziex gottem from www.vulcantire.com they got some really good service and they ship pretty fast 2

killab18

yea i had the Falken Ziex on my last integra in New York. Great tire for all weather, but i dont need an all weather now cuz i live in las vegas.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i like the es100 better personally. my brother had them on his 'lude. I run Falken Azenis Sports on my "other" car. they only have a 200 treadwear but i get about 20K miles out of them w/ about 340 aw hp. i also only go to a drag strip maybe once a year. I love them. I'm putting them on my teg as soon as i get time to go get an alignment.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
If you're looking at the AVS ES100 it's not for tread life. You'll be lucky if you can get 20k miles on those tires. Check www.tirerack.com for reviews on tires. I got Yokohama Avid H4's because it comes with a 60k miles tread life warranty!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
g3teg97 said:
If you're looking at the AVS ES100 it's not for tread life. You'll be lucky if you can get 20k miles on those tires. Check www.tirerack.com for reviews on tires. I got Yokohama Avid H4's because it comes with a 60k miles tread life warranty!
if you don't drive like a fool i think you can get 20k out of them. they have a 280 TW. i get about 18-20K out of my falkens and they are only 200. and i beat the hell out of them. i don't hardly ever spin the tires though

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
if your looking for something to last a little longer then take a look at toyo proxes 4. they have a 300 treadwear and great dry grip and they're pretty good in the rain also. my buddy runs them on his dc5 and loves them. they handle good. i like them

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I have Falken ZE 502's on my fat fives, they're great tires but they suck in snow. Awesome on dry and wet pavement though.
My old roommate had Toyo Proxes FZ4's on his 1999 Si, I didn't trust them in the rain, but they were great on dry pavement.
You should look into the Pirelli P Zero M&S tires. I know they're an all season tire and you don't need that specifically, but even though they are they have great ratings for grip, treadlife and road noise/ride comfort. I was going to get those in 205/45/16 back in the summer but they were out of stock and I needed them quick (for a state inspection), I couldn't wait for them to be back in stock so I went with a set of BF Goodrich g-Force sport's instead. These things are great, awesome grip and low noise. Look into Bridgestone Potenza's too.

www.tirerack.com
www.discounttiredirect.com

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
g3teg97 said:
It doesn't come with a tread life warranty.
yokohama avid h4s don't come with any nuts. they have a 500 treadwear rating, h rated for speed (130) and A traction rating. which essentially means...if you want a performance tire, look somewhere else. traction ratings are done on wet roads so its funny that an all season tire can't even earn an AA rating. i agree with tegsox. the BFG g-force sports is a good entry level performance tire. the G-force KD's kick ass but they're over priced

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I agree. They are not bad for performance, but if you're not autoxing or drag racing, why spend the extra money on a tire? I agree with you and TegSox about the performance of the BFG's. My point was to say, if you want a decent all around tire, then get the Avid H4. Obviously, if you want more performance, look elsewhere (like you stated).

Anyone know anything about Falken or Kumho?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i agree. i don't mind buying tires though. they make the single biggest difference out of any mod. they help handling braking and acceleration. i know i bought teggy with GY eagle RSA already on it and they are freakin horrible. i'm about ready to upgrade myself. i have falken azenis on my eclipse. i love them. never tried the 451 beta but i've heard good things from buddies. modest wear, decent traction and good wet weather performance

Last edited:

sOuL

i got falkin ziex now, there the all seasons, i like em there pretty sticky 2me lol

g3teg97

Super Moderator
When I get another set of wheels, I wanna try a new set of tires. How does the Yokohama AVS ES100s and the Yokohama Parada Spec2 compair?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
They are both listed as ultra-high performance class tires. The ES100 are a little softer but they're supposed to be quieter and more civilized than the parada2. I really haven't heard much about the parada2 execpt for the fact that they have alot of road noise. my brother had the ES100 on his 'lude and I liked them. I thought they were great tires. They had a very stiff sidewall but were still comfortable enough to deal with. they also did good in the rain.
parada spec2: 300/A/A es100: 280/A/A