obd0 obd1 dizzy sensors?

swilk

Okay I have a obd1 dizzy and an obd0 dizzy with a bad crank sensor. Is it possible to open them up and swap the crank sensor from the obd1 into the obd0? I have all the tools needed, but will they swap correctly?

tilegend

no... the CKP sensor rotor on the distributor shaft had a different number of teeth between obd0 and obd1

and even if you did get a hold of an obd0 unit there are specific tolerances between the rotor and the sensor that needs to be precise.

swilk

yeah i took them both apart and realized the teething is off. plus the shaft of the obd-o has a roll pin holding it on where as the obd1 doesnt making it not fittable. And the alignment of the sensor bracket is different. Thanks for the info though!

swilk

So I've been having the problem with my 90 integra not starting. have a new obd-0 dizzy ( I put it in yesterday since I found out that the sensors won't swap.), my same ol obd-0 injectors and my same ol obd-0 ecu. IT doesn't start. There's no spark anymore and my fuel injectors don't get power. I get fuel to the fuel rail so i know my pump is working. Plus i get 35 PSI. My CEL is constantly on, but I'm not getting any codes on my ECU? I also tried crossing the CEL wire under the glove box and still nothing codes on my cel or the red LED. just a solid CEL. any ideas?

Last edited: