OBD0 to OBD1 distributor wiring

ieduardo

Hello.

I have searched but I guess no one has the same colors as me for the wires coming out of the obd0 distributor. Apparently everyone has two white wires, a thin and thick one but I just have one which is thin like all the other ones. Has anyone came across this? For the blue/green that is supposed to be coming out of the distributor, I have the color blue solid. And the thick white that is supposed to be connected to the yellow/green, I don't have it, mine is yellow/green as well.

ieduardo

Haha. I have searched google. Yes, I also looked at diagrams. My problem is that I do not have the large white wire. I believe the distributor is aftermarket and I was told and have read that the wire colors may differ. Thanks for the suggestion.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Go by the pin location, not the wire color. Find the pin for where the "white" wire is supposed to be and use that.

ieduardo

I also went by the pin location. There are several different ones online. I tried them all and still just cranks. I will post the URL's. Thanks for the help.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yes that is correct.
Write out your own pin to color sheet or take a picture of the wires before you depin it.

ieduardo

ECU is good. ICM is also good. I found out my somewhat thick green and yellow wire acts as the thick white wire. All of the other colors match. I do have one wire on the obd0 side matched with the green with blue wire on the obd1 side. I tried just focusing on the pins and the car just cranks. Need the right diagram if anyone knows please!

ieduardo

I'm thinking the coil may be bad? I tried testing for resistance but I can't understand how to work my multimeter. Can anyone help me out with this?

ieduardo

Actually looked up your post on how to check resistance. I think it was you haha. Both coils are good. I do have a question. I haven't taped the wires, just because I wanted to make sure it was right before taping it up. Could it be that the wires not being covered will cause no spark?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
No, but its more likely there is a wiring issue still. Either broken continuity or wrong pin. I'm not very experience with hybrid swaps so I cant double check your work but maybe someone else can chime in.

ieduardo

Finally got the car started. Just taped up the wires and used a set of different spark plug cables and bam. Now I have a CEL, that dreadful code 9. When I check for resistance, negative with negative and positive with positive I get it within spec. When I put the positive terminal on the positive wire of the CYP and the negative terminal to a ground on the car it goes sky night like 1,200 ohm.

ieduardo

I replaced the CYP sensor and still same problem. Why wasn't I getting a code when I was OBD0? Now that I'm obd1 I get the code. Distributor may be bad?