OBD1 B18C, or OBD2 B18C

Nfschureman

I have done some research on LSVTEC, and it seems like a better investment to just buy a b18C JDM block. All i can find is OBD2 B18C engines, is it possible or even a good idea to convert to OBD2 for the engine or did they even make an obd1 b18C, im new to acura and honda's i know more about american muscle with carburetors haha. Help please!

96LSteg

Jemel
its all the same. Just wiring is different and OBD2 has some sensors and plugs that OBD1 doesnt have...

Nfschureman

Its currently OBD1, that's why I didn't know whether I could drop a b18c in it that is obd2. That seems to be the only engines I can find for sale, I haven't seen one that is OBD1. How much work is it to convert or is it even worth that?

d@_b3st

You're good with an obd2 onto your obd1 car, you will only need the obd1 dizzy if you dont have a vtec obd1 dizzy or just a jumper harness aka dizzy obd hamvurgers harness, the crank sensor is not used on obd1 so no need to plug or have it thats it, maybe an knock sensor but dont hold me up on that

Last edited:

d@_b3st

Thats if the car its going in is wired for vtec if not well the vtec wiring needed as well