OBD1 B18C1 Oil Filer / Holder?

Cripton805

OBD1 B18C1 Oil Filter / Holder?

My friend told me that OBD1 GSR's had a piece between the Oil Filter and the block. Does anyone know what it is called? He was working on my car and said that it might be leaking.

I had issues with the PCV blowby. I went through 1qt in about 80-100miles. Swapped the PCV valve and stopped getting blown gaskets, but this is the last part that is leaking after I've already fixed everything. Now with this leak I'm losing about 1quart every 1k and it's getting better. I also switched from Mobil 1 to Castrol Edge. So if you guys have oil issues, CHECK YOUR PCV! :lol:

Last edited:

djv1986

That piece is your engine oil cooler with out lookin at it. The later model gsr engine didn't have it. My bottom end is an 01 and top end is 95 and made it a pain to run the coolant lines cause they are different since the oil cooler.

BankiBoi

I got oil cooler for sale if needed off my 94 gsr

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Cripton805

Another question. Is there a gasket to the oil cooler, is it attached to it? Does anyone have a diagram or part number for the gasket?

Oil leaks are my damn pet peeve! :evil:
When It's time for an oil change I want to have that little bastard on HAND!

BankiBoi

Yea I bought one from the Honda/Acura delaer for $8 they have them only and it's simple oring

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk