OBX Tri Y Header

1sloDC2

Anyone have any experience with these? A buddy of mine has one bnib for his gsr coupe but went boosted instead. Only wants 100 bucks for it. When I had my tiburon a lot of guys ran obx headers on their v6 and loved em. I figure that it can't be too bad, maybe clean up the ports with a dremel will be a good idea if they are sketchy. I'm not looking to spend a lot on a header as boost is in the future

mirrorimg

You will need to remove the cat and tun a straight pipe, or get the cat moved back/ high-flow cat welded in.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
or an adjustable test pipe would solve fitment issues as well you will need to get a flange welded, typical try Y headers have a 2.5" collector

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
I'd mostly be worried about the weld quality. Never saw one of these in person to justify the "you get what you pay for" saying but...."you get what you pay for."

1sloDC2

Honestly I've heard bad things about obx on different products, but I've never really heard bad about their exhaust products. My biggest worry is the welds and the ports. I've seen ebay headers that needed a lot of cleanup done with a dremel and then I've seen some that look amazing. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one come tax time. I don't mind being a test mule for this. I've searched several forums and haven't come up with anything on their tri y.