OEM Wing Riser project!

94RS

No fucks given.
:rolf: That's gonna look goofy as shit due to the LS spoiler hanging over the edges of the trunk.

enjoytheridedc2

That's a lot if money! But this is what I'm going for. Except without that wing or the angle on the spacers.
Does this idea have any purpose besides lifting the spoiler up from where it currently sits?
What material do you plan on using to make these extensions?
Why 2 inches higher?
Have you removed your spoiler and raised it off the hatch lid to get an idea of what this is going to look like?
Do you plan on making these extensions for under $99 out of your pocket?

DiceMorris said:
I've been told my dick is tall enough, but if by rake you mean angle then none. All of the ones I've sen have them and I like the angle if the oem wing a lot. So I'm just making it taller.
:roll: Who knows, maybe they were just trying to be nice about it...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Does this idea have any purpose besides lifting the spoiler up from where it currently sits?
What material do you plan on using to make these extensions?
Why 2 inches higher?
Have you removed your spoiler and raised it off the hatch lid to get an idea of what this is going to look like?
Do you plan on making these extensions for under $99 out of your pocket?

:roll: Who knows, maybe they were just trying to be nice about it...
some say its for more downforce but that wing doesnt produce much downforce. The ITR wing added 30% more over stock.

Nick_C78

Don't forget to make a hole for the wires to that light. Also, the harness will likely need to be extended once it's raised. Sounds like a lot of work for something that won't look good, in my opinion.

DiceMorris

GroundControl Kit Builder
Don't forget to make a hole for the wires to that light. Also, the harness will likely need to be extended once it's raised. Sounds like a lot of work for something that won't look good, in my opinion.

Oh man. I didn't even think about the harness not reaching. Any ideas?

Kurado

I'm actually curious on how you're going to approach this. The idea of using a 3-D printer for prototyping is what today's trends are gearing towards. If done correctly with research on benefits aerodynamically, profit could be made in this field. I'm only saying this because I built a Prusa Mendel in my undergrad and engineering is fun. Good luck! In for the updates.

Too bad I print in ABS/PLA but we have a commercial grade on campus that's open to students.

Last edited:

DiceMorris

GroundControl Kit Builder
I'm actually curious on how you're going to approach this. The idea of using a 3-D printer for prototyping is what today's trends are gearing towards. If done correctly with research on benefits aerodynamically, profit could be made in this field. I'm only saying this because I built a Prusa Mendel in my undergrad and engineering is fun. Good luck! In for the updates.

Too bad I print in ABS/PLA but we have a commercial grade on campus that's open to students.

I plan to design it in solid works and print it on the machine where I work.

dudeskee1325

This will be interesting...
If you don't make a hole for the wires and extend the harness you can always delete it. I saw an oem spoiler at the scrap yard with a piece of something bolted in the location of the led light and was paint matched. Plus if you make it high enough you can get the 3rd brake light
Good luck!

R13

The other asshole
Don't listen to all these naysayers

[YOUTUBE="JUST DO IT"]nuHfVn_cfHU[/YOUTUBE]