Official Auto Integra Squad!

Boxy

Oh hey sorry for the double post but I have a few questions for you guys about your trannies.

Firstly, what does your car usually rev to before shifting (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th).
Do any of you get a really high idle rev (around 2k) on a cold start?
On cold starts, does your car also really "kick" into gear when you shift into reverse or drive?
Are Integra Auto trans supposed to be kinda jerky compared to other autos when shifting? (In this case, jerkier than say a 2005 Kia?)

travistrouble

Mine usually shifts around 3500 and on cold starts mine jerks into gear too. I read on here that it's a feature the car has or something. I didn't quite understand it but it's really embarrassing and annoying. Wish it were manual :(

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Mine jerks cus the tranny mount is dying. I just let off the gas when its about to shift. I feel like its less stress on it. Cold star I idle around 1.5-2 not sure.

Boxy

Mine usually shifts around 3500 and on cold starts mine jerks into gear too. I read on here that it's a feature the car has or something. I didn't quite understand it but it's really embarrassing and annoying. Wish it were manual :(
Oh sweet so its not just me then haha, Good to know my car isn't dying on me or something lmao.
And 3.5k, alright thats about where mine shifts. Compared to other autos I've driven Integras have more sporty ratios I guess.

Mine jerks cus the tranny mount is dying. I just let off the gas when its about to shift. I feel like its less stress on it. Cold star I idle around 1.5-2 not sure.
I let off the gas when I feel it's about to shift as well for the same reasons. And okay so mine idling that high isn't weird.

OH and another question: Anyone else have issues when shifting into or out of park? By issues I mean like does the shifter stick and you gotta apply a lot of force to get it to shift?

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Mine revs right about 3500, but as you said I also let my foot off the gas right before.

Cold start is right around 1500 for me.

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Oh sweet so its not just me then haha, Good to know my car isn't dying on me or something lmao.
And 3.5k, alright thats about where mine shifts. Compared to other autos I've driven Integras have more sporty ratios I guess.

I let off the gas when I feel it's about to shift as well for the same reasons. And okay so mine idling that high isn't weird.

OH and another question: Anyone else have issues when shifting into or out of park? By issues I mean like does the shifter stick and you gotta apply a lot of force to get it to shift?
Lift some weights and problem solved :D jk bro

Boxy

Nope, is it only on park? Or any other gear
Only when shifting into or out of park. Thats among a few other issues my teggy has. It also makes an unbearable screeching sound when I'm stopping, and also makes it for a little bit when the car is coasting at a low speed (0-10mph). Pisses me off beyond belief, and I don't know what the hell it is.