Official DSLR Photography Thread

R13

The other asshole
Aaaaaaaaaaand now I'm probably gonna buy that 50mm 1.8g :lol:

Even though it will act like a 75mm because it's an fx lens, I like the cinematic zoom effect. :)

Sent from my toaster

Ryan659

It'll act like a 75mm whether its fx or dx because of your crop sensor.

Is the fx more expensive?

Nice shot Austin. How come your photos are small though when you post in here? It kills the quality

treeafodo

Austin
My F/1.8 is a 35mm just because of my crop sensor.

Ryan, I have no clue. It drives me nuts. I don't like that flickr changed it's layout recently. Everything is weird.

Ryan659

Austin, when you're copying the code on the website, it'll show the size with a little drop down arrow and you can select the size

Ryan659

50mm 1.8g only comes in fx, It's like $3 more than the 35mm

Sent from my toaster
Awwww, okay. You'll love it dude since you always do macro. I had no idea prime lens make this much of a difference.

R13

The other asshole
Yep yep :)

This is good motivation, I never really looked hard enough to see how much of a difference they make but I'm definitely interested again after this.

On the fx on dx sensor note, I've read that using an fx lens actually can be better in every way because the lenses "sweet spot" is bigger on a dx sensor so it sounds like I'll be buying a lens soon!

Sent from my toaster

R13

The other asshole
:lol:

I honestly wish I had started with canon, I will be changing eventually though, My next body will probably be either a 6d or 5d mk III

Sent from my toaster

XjoEnX

Team Nikon! But I do love Canon cameras and all other makes. Even Leica. But I don't want to spend on a Leica camera.

Ryan659

Black and white:

Or color?

Anybody else having trouble with Flickr and sharing photos? I had to get the IMG code in a round about way

Last edited: