Official DSLR Photography Thread

whitedc4

tired of trying to process anything anymore... from now on it's probably all just going to be straight off the camera...
gave up..

my captain underbite guy

Last edited:

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Do any of you guys do image building/layering? I haven't tried that out yet. Seems a bit tricky.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Do any of you guys do image building/layering? I haven't tried that out yet. Seems a bit tricky.
What do u mean by this????

like using overlay or multiplying

or setting up for hdr using different exposure settings

or just using different exposure settings for lighting the car up

Or doing photoshop merging of numerous pictures

I believe alot of us in this thread do that sort of editing already if not short n simple edits.

so please explain more of what you are trying to ask or show us an example..:)

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Well, took off my polarizing lens and lens cap to take a pic and set it on top of my car......now it's gone :(

Nice shot Aussie. I like #1, the rose is more of the center of attention
are u meaning an actually lens that hooks up to your camera or the lens that just goes over the lens to give a more tint look..

cause if its the one that goes to the camera...damn sorry to hear :( but otherwise you can just go buy another polarizing lens for cheap.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
I guess like different exposures then merging them together in Photoshop. I saw a picture of a subie a few days ago where they took like 5 different pics at different exposures and made one image. I liked the use of light painting they did to high light certain areas too

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
I guess like different exposures then merging them together in Photoshop. I saw a picture of a subie a few days ago where they took like 5 different pics at different exposures and made one image. I liked the use of light painting they did to high light certain areas too
there is a tool you can use in photoshop called photo merge, but it depends which kind of overall effect your looking for.. setting your camera at different exposures in raw mode can help you as well.

It does take time and patience..some people take up to 15-20 different exposure shots adjusting it a lil at a time.

Others set for 1-2 hours apart at a time..but i don't believe that is what you are going for.

if i was going to recommend this id say get a nice sturdy tripod and make sure its not windy outside
and if you have a wireless remote which is even better.

Then onward to your DSLR camera. It needs to be in manual mode to change different settings such as these.
Set your high exposure and then get a shot of a mid exposure setting ...and then finally set your low exposure.

It is up to you how much different exposures you want and how much light you want in each picture.

that would be the way i would do what you are asking..otherwise you can do light painting as you described before.

This stuff is much harder to explain then to just show u how to do it in person..lol

Stuff you need though

DSLR Camera
Tripod
wireless remote if you can afford one. You dont want to bother or touch the camera while its reading long exposures..

Oh and one more thing...format your sd card in your camera...you dont want long and short exposures or other photos...mixed in ...would just make rearranging your photos much easier when you convert them more into photoshop..idk sorry i like to be organized...:lol:

XjoEnX

Look up Brenizer method bro.

treeafodo

Austin
I was thinking about it, but I don't think it would have turned out. There was a very strong wind from the North. I ended up partially burying my tripod in the sand and had to block it from the wind. The camera was still moving quite a bit.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I like the stars a lot, maybe a longer exposure on the sunset would have worked better; with the dof it wouldn't have looked so out-of-focus, plus some of those spotty clouds would have blended more. Awesome scenery though, and great composition!