Official DSLR Photography Thread

R13

The other asshole

I mess with everything in Lightroom, if I don't like what one slider does I set it back to default and try the next.

Clarity, highlights, vignette, and color balance make the biggest difference for me.

The main thing is to be subtle, moving a slider +/- 5-20 can make a subtle, but eye catching difference.

Ryan659

me editing pictures

Takes time man. And learn one thing at a time. Each thing you learn is a project, YouTube it, ask questions here or DM me (don't DM Kurt for obvious reasons...... :mrgreen: ) Honestly, I think elements gives you everything Lightroom does but gives you layers and more fine detail editing other than sliders

And it's all about composition which you learn with taking a shit ton of pics.

Pics to come.

Last edited:

Ryan659

From a TFTI meet yesterday.

Going to meets the next two Saturday's and will take more pics than this meet (this meet is kind of blah anyways so I just took pics of cars I know)

If you guys remember Isaac (ssbp.... Something something) here's his intake

Noneed2Hate

Takes time man. And learn one thing at a time. Each thing you learn is a project, YouTube it, ask questions here or DM me (don't DM Kurt for obvious reasons...... :mrgreen: ) Honestly, I think elements gives you everything Lightroom does but gives you layers and more fine detail editing other than sliders

And it's all about composition which you learn with taking a s*** ton of pics.

Pics to come.
absolutely, I plan on doing so thank you.

on a side note, I was recommended this lens: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQCG7ME/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AXCB29L39I26U

So I'm thinking that will be my next step. And then maybe get a lens with a good amount of zoom as well like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-55-300mm-4-5-5-6G-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B00R1MXPFW/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00R1MXPFW&pd_rd_r=JZ073ZMXH0PNPFJ3DZGE&pd_rd_w=QvGDn&pd_rd_wg=d1dKE&psc=1&refRID=JZ073ZMXH0PNPFJ3DZGE

Nice pics btw :thumbsup:

Ryan659

absolutely, I plan on doing so thank you.

on a side note, I was recommended this lens: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQCG7ME/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AXCB29L39I26U

So I'm thinking that will be my next step. And then maybe get a lens with a good amount of zoom as well like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-55-300mm-4-5-5-6G-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B00R1MXPFW/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00R1MXPFW&pd_rd_r=JZ073ZMXH0PNPFJ3DZGE&pd_rd_w=QvGDn&pd_rd_wg=d1dKE&psc=1&refRID=JZ073ZMXH0PNPFJ3DZGE

Nice pics btw :thumbsup:

Thanks.

And that first one is a must right off the bat. It's not zoom so you'll have to move around a bunch but that will help you with composition.

I think I got the 35mm one when I had my d3200. You have a crop sensor so the 50mm with be more zoomed in than the 35.

All personal preference. I like to get closer while Kurt likes to spy from afar :lol:

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
I like the cinematic depth of field you get from the fiddy

The 35 is good, but the extra zoom just has cool effect.

R13

The other asshole
:lol: :thumbs up

That is one cool thing about dslr's, people usually take really good care of the stuff so buying used is barely different than buying brand new condition wise.

Noneed2Hate

:lol: :thumbs up

That is one cool thing about dslr's, people usually take really good care of the stuff so buying used is barely different than buying brand new condition wise.
didn't come with doodads like the amazon link has but most of those looked like shitty stocking stuffers that aren't worth a damn :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
They are :lol:

I've got some of that useless shit and it's just that :rolf:

You might also look into battery grips. I got one because my hands are huge and the d3100 is small anyway, but it's a nice addition. Adds an extra shutter button for vertical shots, and you can use 2 batteries for longer life, plus it's more camera to hold onto so it's easier to hold it steady.