Official DSLR Photography Thread

XjoEnX

I like jpg but it has alot of data loss so I was just wondering if people used other formats.

What about when you upload it to Flickr n stuff like that?
Good question. Since I keep it online only, I always resize it in Photoshop to 2000x1336px and save it in JPG format afterwards. Then I upload to Flickr. I edit a few sometimes before I upload it too.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yeah none of my photos upload anywhere particular besides facebook but i save as jpg when uploading anywhere. Honestly dont know what people upload to flickr as but im curious. Exif data is usually stored anyway and i see it on most photos people have uploaded.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Hey guys, I hate asking newb questions but my girlfriend wants to get into dslr so I am going to get her one for Christmas. Anyway, there is a guy selling a Canon Rebel XS with a "Canon 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS lens". I did my research and it seems like an ok camera. Do you guys have any opinions on it?

R13

The other asshole
Not bad, I would try and get him to give you a shutter count on it, If the camera doesn't have a feature that tells you can take a pic and upload it to http://www.myshuttercount.com/ to tell, If the seller is willing that is.

On the camera itself, I dug up some full res sample shots and from the looks it seems to almost match up completely to the d3100 which can take nice shots.

Sample's of the d3100 courtesy of yours truly.

Edit: I forgot to mention these are all taken with the stock nikkor 18-55mm lense

Last edited:

XjoEnX

Charly[horse];1282892 said:
Hey guys, I hate asking newb questions but my girlfriend wants to get into dslr so I am going to get her one for Christmas. Anyway, there is a guy selling a Canon Rebel XS with a "Canon 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS lens". I did my research and it seems like an ok camera. Do you guys have any opinions on it?
Check slickdeals for any deals on a new camera in your price range. They had a d5200 for a nice price the other day but the deals go fast. So you have to be quick with it. Can't say anything about the Rebel XS though since I've never used it. But the spec list on it tells me it's a great entry level to learn on.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
The shutter count is 400 so that is really good seeing that it is rated for like 50,000.

Thanks Joe I will check that site out.

Edit: Seller just lowered what he wants to 180 so I think I am going to jump on it!

R13

The other asshole
Not bad at all, S*** even my d3100 has around 800 and I've only had it for a few months.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
BTW thanks for the help guys. Hopefully, my gf will let me do some learning from this camera if I get it, and I will start posting in here :D

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
One hand gettin jealous of the other hand Kurt?

Really any canon or Nikon dslr is great especially if your needs are not so picky or professional. I always look things up because there are specifics needs or wants I have and dpreview.com has always been a site I've read up on. Great review and comparisons.