Official DSLR Photography Thread

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I've never had good luck with the variable ones, they won't stay consistent across the frame .

Other than that what's your price range? The best thing is to buy the largest filter you'll ever need and then use step down rings, if not and you upgrade your lens later it's useless.

I like using square filters, preferably lee, they work with anything and are very high quality.

R13

The other asshole
I'm just bouncing prices in my head, I'm still thinking a 6d or 5d mark iii so if I can do it in a way that won't cost more than my d3100 and I can use it with future setups that would be nice.

Sent from my toaster

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
i have no pictures to take... so i'm going back through old ones that didn't come out so well and trying to spiff them up...

i don't know what i'm doing wrong but nothing is coming out....

RATS....i messed up too..lol

ahh well it was a lil 5 minute edit...but i liked ur shot u did of this nsx. :)

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
No. None of my lenses are L. And your pictures are sharper than mine.

With photos like these it tells you that mp only matters so much and why i want to upgrade lenses before i worry about a newer camera. The real reason i want a newer one is for the larger lcd and video capability, also expanded memory size.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
If you believe that then keep working. As much as id like to produce awesome photos it takes a lot of work, probably more than some realize depending on how dynamic you want your photography skills to be.

Taken saturday where a bunch of rich mofo's met up to caravan from la to sd for cars and coffee. Pretty much everything turned out crappy exposure wise cus i failed. And quite grainy as i kicked it up to 800iso for the cloudy early morning. I believe the worst though is slight motion blur in all the photos.

You can see the rest here.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.574980329254729.1073741840.535662296519866&type=1

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
If you believe that then keep working. As much as id like to produce awesome photos it takes a lot of work, probably more than some realize depending on how dynamic you want your photography skills to be.

Taken saturday where a bunch of rich mofo's met up to caravan from la to sd for cars and coffee. Pretty much everything turned out crappy exposure wise cus i failed. And quite grainy as i kicked it up to 800iso for the cloudy early morning. I believe the worst though is slight motion blur in all the photos.

You can see the rest here.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.574980329254729.1073741840.535662296519866&type=1

Yeah man. I'm going to start bringing my camera out more often. Definitely going to shoot on Thursday night and on Saturday at Cars & Coffee.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
LMAO!! I was like WTF IS THAT!?! when i saw the cat. Looking at the top part as the top of the head or as a sideshot looking at the ear and move towards the eye. Think of the shadow as a mouth.

If you had cars like that to shoot youd do fine. Your mentality is wrong. Every time i see ANY amazing shots i say how do i do that? I can do that... Although you can set yourself up for pretty good disappointment this way. :rolf: Truth be told my editing has improved more than my photo taking but it goes hand in hand and you have to accept that. When I get a chance ill try to post up before shots.

Last edited: