Official Safety Discussion Thread

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
In light of recent events, I would like to create a thread which talks about safety, in particular cars which do AUTO X, Drag, and Circuit. Safety is super important because it protects the most important thing in the world, which is your self.

And...GO!

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
My plans as of now: custom cage from the seats back, new seat with 5/6 point compatible, harness, and neck doughnut.

Then in a few months: New helmet and HANS device with harness for passenger side and new seat with 5/6 point capabilities.

I do worry about driving with the harness on the street, seeing how your neck takes most of the impact, but with my steering wheel air bag removed, I can't use a stock belt anymore.
I've kinda created a bad situation for myself.
Ironically, I also received my passenger side air bag delete tray on Monday, which I will not be installing without further thought, if at all. I will not take away safety features from my passenger side when their life is in my hands like that

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Does being lower really make it harder to roll? Just curious.
It lowers you center of gravity, so slightly. But the way we roll is based on going off track and our tires digging in. Kinda like catching an edge when you're snowboarding. That's my biggest fear at Thunderhill, which is why I subconsciously hold back quite a bit there since this is my only car.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Like when your dad went off track in the first session and his tires lifted, he was at risk of rolling

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Same thing with a racing wheel though. I compromised the safety of my car when I installed the momo wheel, considering I have a stock belt

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Yeah, which matters a bit more to me now, lol. I've just become a lot more concerned with safety lately. Ask me these questions last week and I wouldn't care much. Now safety has a whole new importance to me

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Does being lower really make it harder to roll? Just curious.
technically yes.

My plans as of now: custom cage from the seats back, new seat with 5/6 point compatible, harness, and neck doughnut.

Then in a few months: New helmet and HANS device with harness for passenger side and new seat with 5/6 point capabilities.

I do worry about driving with the harness on the street, seeing how your neck takes most of the impact, but with my steering wheel air bag removed, I can't use a stock belt anymore.
I've kinda created a bad situation for myself.
Ironically, I also received my passenger side air bag delete tray on Monday, which I will not be installing without further thought, if at all. I will not take away safety features from my passenger side when their life is in my hands like that
I was thinking about a donut too, it depends on how funds go really.

It lowers you center of gravity, so slightly. But the way we roll is based on going off track and our tires digging in. Kinda like catching an edge when you're snowboarding. That's my biggest fear at Thunderhill, which is why I subconsciously hold back quite a bit there since this is my only car.
I think you have a higher risk at button since the ground is softer.

R13

The other asshole
I wish I could find that pic, No idea what the f*** it's talking about but it was funny.

Carry on.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Thunderhill has those elevation changes and chunky drops. Like turn 8, flat out hoping you don't go off cuz you know it's gonna be bad

Spettro

Kimi who?
Everything you need is cheap when you think about it. You could easily get fully cert'd and equiped with a helmet, HNRS, suit, gloves, shoes, seat, 5/6 point, rollbar, window and center nets for less than $3,000 total. Everything is good for at least 5 years, some thing up to 10, so for $50 a month you'll likely survive any wreck.