oh the speedo cable

Trix

ok guys im wondering how does the cable lock when its in the transmission?? bc i pushed it down and it seems like it in but idk unless i go and drive it

dlo253

More of a C-clip, but yeah... May have to go snatch one from pick n pull lol

Trix

well i looked at it, before i put it in and didnt see anything may have to call the parts store and see about getting one

Jayteg

well i looked at it, before i put it in and didnt see anything may have to call the parts store and see about getting one
Buy one from Acura/Honda dealership for like $3.68.

Trix

i thought there would be one with it, and how does it connect to the cable since the cable looks like there isnt a place for one

Trix

this is what im talking about guys... is this the way the cotter pin is supposed to go on it?? since it looks like there is no need for one, since the wire is in there and you have to pull to get the damn thing out

Trix

ok cable was ran and plugged in, but yet the speedo isnt working, is there a special way the cable has to be ran for it to work, there wasnt any kinks in the cable either

dlo253

Make sure it's pushed in all the way. Sometimes it can seem like it is, but really it has a bit more to go.

Trix

ok will do dlo, also is there a special way for it to go in, since the part has i guess you can call it a bump lol

Trix

well broken i took the cable out of my car to see if it was i rotated on side and the whole cable inside spun, but thats what i was just doing research about the vss, just not sure where its at, unless its what you connect the speedo cable to?

Exige24

Just pulled mine today actually. That C clip goes down on the metal surround actually. There is a groove for it. Also of note. If you look at the tip of the cable, there is a flat end to it. That has to catch inside a related groove inside the seat.