Oil cooler

santanard

VTAKKKK
Hey guys im going to be boosting a Single cam and im wondering if an oil cooler is a good idea?
never really read up on them so im wondering how they work and if there good.

Thanks guys..

dc2b18

Wait... What?
you definately want an oil cooler.

speedin

The Transporter
Yes...but they get annoying when you get " Sir, your car is still on"...Ive gotten that more than once.
If your water cooled and have the cooling system properly designed there is no need for a timer :p

Even then, so long as you take it easy for the last few miles everything will be fine.

But yea, oil coolers are always good. But you need to get one with a thermo valve in it. As you dont want cold oil right after you started it to be flowing through the cooler. It would take forever to warm up the oil that way.

santanard

VTAKKKK
yes.

/thread
See Robbie you always know the right answer

a turbo timer is probably a good idea as well
Getting one also
If your water cooled and have the cooling system properly designed there is no need for a timer :p

Even then, so long as you take it easy for the last few miles everything will be fine

But yea, oil coolers are always good. But you need to get one with a thermo valve in it. As you dont want cold oil right after you started it to be flowing through the cooler. It would take forever to warm up the oil that way.
So
oil cooler>turbo timer or turbo timer>oil cooler? or both
thanks for the heads up about the thermo valve

Thanks for all the info guys

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's

Even then, so long as you take it easy for the last few miles everything will be fine.

my turbo is oil/water cooled. I drive it easy so its only set on 10 sec. not alot of time but w.e.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
You could if you wanted to, but whatever. Just definately run some good Synthetic oil in your car after being boosted, i.e. Royal Purple or RedLine.

patrick4588

Integra God
i have a stock oil cooler and no turbo timer. i had my hks turbo timer fail and not turn my car off. i had to cut it out for the car to turn off. after that, i dont use them anymore