Oil dipstick loose?

tork_sd89

Baywatch
My whole dipstick assembly seems to be very loose. This morning I heard a rattle and i popped the hood to see what it was and my dipstick was vibrating against the heat shield. I can wiggle the eintire thing. It shouldn't be this loose :\ I added some oil because I was a little low and the rattle stopped so I think the oil seems to be holding it in place better but you can still move it side to side. Has anyone had this happen before? Could I be missing a bolt or something?

Details: (2001 GS-R)

treeafodo

Austin
I'm not sure how it is on an Integra but on my civic there's a few o-rings on the dip stick(2 or 3 I think). If you have these o-rings they might be worn.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
I'm not sure how it is on an Integra but on my civic there's a few o-rings on the dip stick(2 or 3 I think). If you have these o-rings they might be worn.
i think he is talking about the entire stem and not just the dipstick

i would assume (i do not know this for sure) that there are 2 or 3 bolts holding the assembly onto the engine and those could be lose or missing. the hard part with this would be that the bolts are most likely behind your exhaust manifold which would probably have to be removed to access them if this is the case

tork_sd89

Baywatch
i think he is talking about the entire stem and not just the dipstick

i would assume (i do not know this for sure) that there are 2 or 3 bolts holding the assembly onto the engine and those could be lose or missing. the hard part with this would be that the bolts are most likely behind your exhaust manifold which would probably have to be removed to access them if this is the case
yea the entire stem moves :\ I'll pul off the heat shield and see if I can get to it tomorrow. Hopefully it's just bolts

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
taking off the heat shield might let you see it but if there are bolts behind your exhaust manifold, its probably going to have to come off.

Ill look when i get home - i have an LS without the core support and 4-2-1 headers so i will be able to see it pretty easily

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Just checked on my LS and it looks like the stem just screws into the bottom of the block...there are no bolts. the one on my car had zero play in it. you might just have to take the heat shield off and tighten the stem up

lokibear

It's just pressed in duder. Pull it out put a new o-ring on it and goodluck pressing it back in. Mine did the same thing that's how I know >.< also a 01 gizzer

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Finally got around to ordering the part! I went to Pacific Honda after class because it was close by thinking well they service EM1's they must have the same parts... still a B-series... They wouldn't help me! Maybe because the look of the car? But they said that I needed to go to a Acura dealership. It's the SAME SHIT! lol dumb asses. One service tech that worked there was chill tho and he told me they charged $18 for what I needed. Pretty sure he owned one of the 3 tegs parked out on the street. I went to Ball Acura on the mile of cars and got it cheaper tho :) $15 and it will be here tomorrow morning. Is there any member in the 619/ 858 San Diego area willing to lend a hand to get this installed?

part # 11111-PR3-300

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Honda dealerships are gay...i stopped by one to have a key cut since there are no Acura dealerships close to me. i have 97 gs - no immobilizer and this is what they told me..."We cant cut it here because we dont have the immobilizer codes for Acura since they are a different company. You will have to go to an Acura dealership." I proceeded by saying "But they are the same company and my key does not have a chip." They still refused to make one because of the code

tork_sd89

Baywatch
That's retarded lol make me want to get my friends JDM ITR and go back and tell them ok this time I brought my Honda... gonna help me now? lol

Prozon

Kris
That thing has an o-ring? Mine got loose and I just used a long extension and a hammer and tapped it in. Been fine since.