Oil drain line, oil coming back UP..?

98sierra

ok. long story short- pulled air filter to clean, noticed oil inside turbo, freaked out felt shaft had play bought new turbo and manifold. pulled oil return line off the turbo and it started pouring oil out of it. about a quart. MY QUESTION!- should the return line on the oil pan be high anough to where when the engine was dead cold and all the oil at the bottom be ABOVE the oil level?

i just bought a bunch of stuff and dont really have the money/time/patience to get another fuckin oil pan and retap it because some previous douche has done it wrong.

Any help[ guys?

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
if your talking about where the oil line should be coming out of the oil pan than i have this for you:

If not.
Then I have no idea what you are talking about.

98sierra

yes the only drain line for the turbo.. what im asking is if the fitting on the pan should be above the oil..

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
yes it needs to be or u will have back up like im pretty sure your experiencing

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
If you dont have time to get another pan retapped, look into buying a moroso pan. They come pre-tapped and are $129 shipped. That is what I went with for my car. Like others have said in this thread, yes it needs to be above the oil line

hidenplanvew

junk yard... 10 bucks and thats alittle high and the welding shouldnt be more then 20 bucks.. you dont need any special lines just use heater hose and hose clamps it dont look as nice but holds up just fine since its not and real pressure in that line

98sierra

junk yard... 10 bucks and thats alittle high and the welding shouldnt be more then 20 bucks.. you dont need any special lines just use heater hose and hose clamps it dont look as nice but holds up just fine since its not and real pressure in that line

i dont want to go to a junk yard and pull a pan and then clean it and so fourth. And i would have to pay to weld anything. i am a welder lol and i think ill go for the moroso pan if i can find one for that cheap.. havent seen them but ill keep looking.

98sierra

If you dont have time to get another pan retapped, look into buying a moroso pan. They come pre-tapped and are $129 shipped. That is what I went with for my car. Like others have said in this thread, yes it needs to be above the oil line

maybe we are just looking at 2 different pans, but i havent seen one this cheap. where are you getting yours from?

patrick4588

Integra God
i ran a moroso pan and it leaked at the AN fitting a little bit. use teflon PASTE when putting the fitting INTO the pan. not on the return line to the pan. make sure your return line isnt parallel too. it needs to be downward

redrocket

On a serious note, this is IMO the ideal set up. Of course, depending on your manifold, this may not be attainable.