Oil filter sandwhich adapter for sending unit?

Jesse_Heck

Basically, i stripped out the oil sending uint threads in the block because i went all he man on it and somewhere in the process...i broke off a little chunk of the block where the sending unit goes. Im talking to a machinist on how to plug the hole i created. My question is, can i use an oil cooler sandwhich adapter to plug my sending unit into? If so, does anyone know thread sizes or part numbers or what i even need to get my sending unit plugged in somewhere and functioning? Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. This is on a 91 integra LS B18A1 bone stock motor.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The factory sending unit is 1/8-28 BSP. BSP is uncommon but lucky for you it will fit fine in 1/8" NPT. So yes you can put the sensor in an oil filter sandwich.

Use a 1/8" NPT plug to plug the block. Put teflon tape on the threads. Hopefully it will hold.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
The factory sending unit is 1/8-28 BSP. BSP is uncommon but lucky for you it will fit fine in 1/8" NPT. So yes you can put the sensor in an oil filter sandwich.

Use a 1/8" NPT plug to plug the block. Put teflon tape on the threads. Hopefully it will hold.
correct, or you can get an adapter which is like $3 the only difference is 1 thread over 1 inch or something?

But it will only work for the oil filter sandwich plate not the oil cooler sandwich plate. your readings will also differ from ones in the block

Amiguel6

I meant its not a super solid metal...hell, you can strip the block changing spark plugs. That's why a torque wrench was created. Damn, those automotive genies

Jesse_Heck

The mount where my oil sending unit screws in is stripped. I would have to tap it out to somthing bigger. Thats why im thinking a oil filter sandwhich.