Oil In Coolant.

whitesheep

So, I tried researching this already and maybe I did a horrible job but I have Oil mixing into my Coolant so far I only notice it in the reservoir and the Rad. I am not overheating and do not have smoke coming out of my exhaust, so not really sure where to start looking into first. I did a engine flush and oil change.

The Only fact I have right now is I definitely need a Valve gasket(Most likely has nothing to do with my problem) and I need my cam seal replaced, these factors I know for sure. I am not sure if I am leaking any where other then from my shitty OEM Cam seal that has never been changed.

Any help would be greatly helpful, I figured I should prob bring this to a mechanic but if its something I can do with patience and time then id rather do that.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
How old is the coolant, I mean if everything is running fine it's not a big deal. It could just be built up from years of use. Change the coolant and keep an eye on it, you might never notice it again.

whitesheep

How old is the coolant, I mean if everything is running fine it's not a big deal. It could just be built up from years of use. Change the coolant and keep an eye on it, you might never notice it again.
Coolant is brand new, I was thinking of a coolant flush. I was also told by my friend who has a built bubble that one of two things bad gasket or when I used quick fix shit to fix my old rad it could have caused some oil to get thru. I am not sure, my car drives little rough but I think the motor needs timing redone but still does not explain the oil in my coolant, usually its coolant in oil.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Using common sense usually solves most problems.

There's no way oil can leak into your cooling system unless your block/head is cracked severely or a blown headgasket.

If it's running fine, like what was stated with no overheating etc. that means for the most part your in good shape.

Nothing to worry about.

whitesheep

There's no way oil can leak into your cooling system unless your block/head is cracked severely or a blown headgasket.

If it's running fine, like what was stated with no overheating etc. that means for the most part your in good shape.

Nothing to worry about.
Sir, I am not making this up. Oil Is in my coolant, in fact tomorrow I can take a picture for you if you would like. Maybe my head is cracked and I can not see it or maybe the block is cracked? and I can not see it. its possible or the gasket is blown and I have no symptoms for some reason but there Def oil in my coolant reservoir and Rad.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
is it oil or something that looks like oil floating on top of the water/coolant?
I would drain it and see if its just film, or actual oil in the radiator. It could just be the stuff that you used and it looks like oil now. I would just do a flush and use new coolant. Check back and give us updates

Pictures or it doesn't exist.

Sent from my SCH-I435
lol

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
If it is indeed a cracked longblock, you would experience an empty rad after driving for awhile. Your car would overheat eventually.

Idle problems will rise.

The only problem it see possible is a seeping headgasket or a slightly warped head.

Oil passages are seeping into the water jackets, vice versa.

All these would run your oil and coolant dry eventually, you see should overheating problems soon enough.

It would also be very apparent something is wrong if your exhaust has a lot of smoke.

If none of those problems arise. I wouldn't worry about it.

whitesheep

is it oil or something that looks like oil floating on top of the water/coolant?
I would drain it and see if its just film, or actual oil in the radiator. It could just be the stuff that you used and it looks like oil now. I would just do a flush and use new coolant. Check back and give us updates

lol
Been busy with work since I do inventory but the first two time me and my team notice it, we smelt the container and smelt like motor oil and then we dumped it and used a finger felt and smelt like motor oil again, I am actually going to take a picture right now for you guys.

whitesheep

If it is indeed a cracked longblock, you would experience an empty rad after driving for awhile. Your car would overheat eventually.

Idle problems will rise.

The only problem it see possible is a seeping headgasket or a slightly warped head.

Oil passages are seeping into the water jackets, vice versa.

All these would run your oil and coolant dry eventually, you see should overheating problems soon enough.

It would also be very apparent something is wrong if your exhaust has a lot of smoke.

If none of those problems arise. I wouldn't worry about it.
That's crazy part, I do have Idle problem but I feel like my sensor or the valve or timing is off in the car. I mean those issue may be happening anyway since the last person did absolutely nothing with this car and I have had this car. I been driving with this current issue for about 5k-10k miles and have not experienced any overheating or my coolant/oil running dry, however I do get low oil leaves but my friend was figuring that I may be burning oil quickly. I yet to take the car to a mechanic to see if the headgasket bad or if head warp yet.

whitesheep

Nothing to worry about.
Pictures or it doesn't exist.

Sent from my SCH-I435

lol
Maybe just residue built up in your rad hoses.

here you guys go ^^^^^ Pictures