Oil leak help: Head gasket?

lilwhiteLS

I can't figure out where this damn leak is coming from. I'm hoping someone who has/had a similar problem could offer some insight. Help is GREATLY appreciated :D

vonnyvegas

Finger Tapping With Fury!
Positive it's oil? How fast is the oil consumption? Color of oil? Checked all other fluids? It's possible for the head gasket to leak just oil but usually not likely and you usually notice other symptoms as well. Have you tried cleaning up the area and when it starts leaking again it'll be a lil more easy to see where its coming from. That area and location I'd look at power steering. It's a little hard to see from the pics but the only thing above that could leak is head gasket n valve cover gasket looks like the valve cover has been done already but the power steering pump could be seaping a little bit.

lilwhiteLS

thanks for the quick responses! yes, I'm sure it's oil as I just checked and I'm almost dry. I think the problem may actually be my cam seal and the leaking has just spilled over onto the other side of the engine. I'm going to take care of this and see what happens. wish me luck!

heykosal

Angkorian
Is your car burning oil?

Is the oil milky? If so the HG is cracked/torn and coolant is getting into the oil.

vonnyvegas

Finger Tapping With Fury!
yeah thats possible but not the most likely. And you sure your not burning oil as well as maybe a slight leak? I always clean the area and try to watch for it leaking first to make positive where its leaking. It's not uncommon for a b-series to burn oil (valve seals or rings) which is exactly what my bad boy was doing (leaking valve seals). Have you looked underneath at all? I'd clean everything and with engine running watch your cam seal and valve cover and power steering pump to see if they're seeping at all.

mirrorimg

Clean it, completely. Then keep an eye on it as it develops.

More than likely its the valve cover gasket, and a slow seep has built up as it ran down the motor.