oil leak help

Ksan

im leaking from behind my block where my oil distributor for my turbo cause i drilled a little hole on the side wall to get out an extractor. but i guess i didn't hit the extractor. =X will JB weld hold up the oil pressure? its a small hole but leaks like a water fall when i start up the car.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
JB weld does have the tensile strength to hold that kind of pressure. But you would have to prep it and clean it up very well because it won't set up right with it's mating surface all oily

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
that or try to find a welder

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
That would be ideal but you would also have to be very careful with your grounding when welding directly to the block. I'd hate to see the kind of voltage reach some of your sensors

Ksan

yeah that is true. money is kinda tight right now too. i hope the jb weld will hold up for a little bit for now but later down the road im going to send it down to the machine shop. Or i search on ebay and i found a bare block for 100 bucks. and probably just build it. But i hope the Jb weld hold up. At full boost on my oil pressure guage i run about 75-80 psi? is that fine for the JB weld?