Oil light flashes

tombomb661

hey guys. im new to this site. its actually an integra my pop bought after his civic got stolen. he got his civic back after he bought the integra haha. but thats another story

here is my problem: i changed the oil and the old oil in it looked terrible. after changing the oil, when running the car for a little bit, the oil light flashes. i have changed the oil pressure switch on the back of the block.

can anyone help me out please?

acclude

cheap bastard
the oil light just means low oil pressure.

If you changed the sensor already and you have plenty of oil in it, then something else is preventing you from getting proper oil pressure.

That leaves pretty much the screen filter on the oil sump in the oil pan might be clogged or the oil pump itself is not pushing the oil through like it should.

acclude

cheap bastard
Drop the oil pan and check the sump first cause that's the easiest. Might be able to just clean with some brake parts cleaner and fix it. If not, you need a new oil pump and that also requires taking the timing belt off so might as well change that and the usual timing belt parts/seals while you're at it.

acclude

cheap bastard
you're welcome and welcome to the site! Hope you stick around and make some posts and get involved with meets and all that good stuff.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Drain the whole one more time and keep the oil in something. Let it stay unplugged and take teh oil filter off too and let it sit for a day. Make sure its not in some spot where water is easily access to the oil pan. Then put all back in and see if it made a difference.. When I was working at my unc's shop he had this jetta come in with a oil pump problem and it was really bad... it was knocking and everything. So he took the oil pan off and seen nothing wrong, so he just let it sit for a whole with it off and put it bck on just to see because it wasn't that long and it worked

its worth a try ya know, especially when its a bitch to work on cars without hoists