Oil light problem

da91teg

My car is a 91 rs and it has 135xxx and sit for 1 week due to me driving my bike to save gas. My problem is that when I am driving that damn oil light will start flashing so right away I shut the engine off and then I check the oil level but everything look fine! So then I started the car and oil light when away but came back after 30's.
The list of thing i done
1. replace the sensor with an auto zone one
2. did an engine flush 6x
3. replace oil filter2x
4. Change the oil for the 7x.

Now some ppl say that is the oil pump but my engine is not making noise only when you started it up.
Other ppl are telling me it's your bearings, I hope not.

I just need to find out what the hell is going on??? Please help.

gugiey

Check the wiring to the pressure sensor . Also do a oil pressure test to make sure your oil pump isn't going out .

It will be to late for your engine if it starts
Knocking

Holy_Chit

My car is a 91 rs and it has 135xxx and sit for 1 week due to me driving my bike to save gas. My problem is that when I am driving that damn oil light will start flashing so right away I shut the engine off and then I check the oil level but everything look fine! So then I started the car and oil light when away but came back after 30's.
The list of thing i done
1. replace the sensor with an auto zone one
2. did an engine flush 6x
3. replace oil filter2x
4. Change the oil for the 7x.

Now some ppl say that is the oil pump but my engine is not making noise only when you started it up.
Other ppl are telling me it's your bearings, I hope not.

I just need to find out what the hell is going on??? Please help.
Basically did everything you did when it happened to me. Doest your flicker on an off at random times? if so it could be the ICU (integrated control unit) which is located behind the main fuse box. its kind of a pain to remove it but its simple to instal back in. the reason i know this is i took my car to a specialty shop that is dedicated to working on japanese cars and they ran a whole engine diagnostic for $90 and said it was the ICU , they were gonna charge me $500 almost just to change it.

The ICU looks like this

its anout $60-70 at a salvage yard and it dosnt matter if its from a auto or manual. but if you want new one its $250 from dealership

Holy_Chit

if you want i can also try to find the write up i used for installing it.

da91teg

Basically did everything you did when it happened to me. Doest your flicker on an off at random times? if so it could be the ICU (integrated control unit) which is located behind the main fuse box. its kind of a pain to remove it but its simple to instal back in. the reason i know this is i took my car to a specialty shop that is dedicated to working on japanese cars and they ran a whole engine diagnostic for $90 and said it was the ICU , they were gonna charge me $500 almost just to change it.

The ICU looks like this

its anout $60-70 at a salvage yard and it dosnt matter if its from a auto or manual. but if you want new one its $250 from dealership
This is the first i here about this ICU and yes it does flicker on and off for example ill drive the car for 20min with the oil light flickering and the when i stop to look for parking at home with takes me 15 min to 1hr the oil light will stop flickering. I going to try the oil pressure first and if the oil pressure is ok ill hit you about the ICU problem. That You Guys.

WholeGrains13

There is a possibility that te sensor wire is grounding out somewhere. I dont run the factory sensor in my b16 civic, i just use my oil psi gauge. I had the wire hanging loose and the oil light would flash everytime the end of the wire would touch my block.

Holy_Chit

This is the first i here about this ICU and yes it does flicker on and off for example ill drive the car for 20min with the oil light flickering and the when i stop to look for parking at home with takes me 15 min to 1hr the oil light will stop flickering. I going to try the oil pressure first and if the oil pressure is ok ill hit you about the ICU problem. That You Guys.
hope i helped. also with the oil pressure switch its always better to buy OEM thank aftermarket

da91teg

There is a possibility that te sensor wire is grounding out somewhere. I dont run the factory sensor in my b16 civic, i just use my oil psi gauge. I had the wire hanging loose and the oil light would flash everytime the end of the wire would touch my block.
hmm Ill check with the ground cable, i am having alternator problems right now.

da91teg

Ok so I was having a alternater problem for weeks and now that I have change the alter the oil light is not flashing but I will give it another week and see if the oil light come on.

Holy_Chit

Ok so I was having a alternater problem for weeks and now that I have change the alter the oil light is not flashing but I will give it another week and see if the oil light come on.
hope it fixes it. just hope if it isnt that its the ICU because thats cheap if you buy it used, but if its the oil pump your fucked if you dont know engine work like me.

markar121

Oil Light Problem w/2004 Honda Pilot when starting?

In the mornings when starting my 2004 Honda Pilot,the red warning oil light comes on. I turn off the truck, and turn it on again and it is fine the rest of the day. I thought an oil change was the problem, but it did the same this morning. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong, I am going on a trip and I feel uncomfortable taking the truck.

gugiey

In the mornings when starting my 2004 Honda Pilot,the red warning oil light comes on. I turn off the truck, and turn it on again and it is fine the rest of the day. I thought an oil change was the problem, but it did the same this morning. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong, I am going on a trip and I feel uncomfortable taking the truck.
Does it stay on or is it just doing its bulb. Check

da91teg

Update on the oil.
Well i just added 20w40 and the oil light stop blinking now. So i kinda cured its cancer lol