oil orfice on top of block

LittleB10

when replacing a head gasket, there is the oil orfice on top of the block. it requires an o ring. i just wanted to know how important it is to replace that o ring,...or can i just not have one there? when i originally pulled the head cause of blown headgasket....there wasn't one there and my friend who is a mechanic says i should be ok not to use one. what are ur thoughts? I have found it online and it is 10.8x 2.4 mm(10.8mm id x 15.6mm od x 2.4mm cs). I went to local parts store and found some o rings close to it...one that is the closest to oem size is 10mm x 16mmx 2.5mm....would this work? I can get an oem one cheap but shipping is like 5 bucks for a 40 cent o ring and is kinda ridiculous for shipping. i dont even think about going to the dealership cause they are always high price. so basically what have u guys used for it? or don't u guys use one? let me know thanks. i just want to get everything right the first time. lol

Go to Honda and get the o-ring. Anything to do with sealing the oil passages should be done right. The o-ring wont be expensive.

LittleB10

thank you for the advice. and ur right...do it right the first time haha...called honda and they are charging me 2 bucks for it and i can pick it up in 2 days! thanks again for the help!

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Do it right the first time, or pay someone to do it right.

WDEDMON1

You must have a vtec. My head doesn't even have a place for the oil control device. I just changed my head gasket

LittleB10

not in stock at honda lol they never carry small stuff in stock where i live....if i didnt order my head gasket off the net the closest one in stock was over 2hrs away....dealers and parts stores suck up here if you have an import!!! and NO VTEC wdedmon1....orifice is top of block, center and on firewall side. haynes says to replace the oring when doing head gasket....im doing head gasket so i checked it out and i didnt even have one there....could be one of the culprits that cause the gasket to go bad and leak...other culprits to cause all this...my buddy who previous owned it...ebay head gasket, reused old headbolts, no o ring, multiple temp sensors broke/bad or just simply not plugged in, and head not shaved when it needed to be....he pretty much half assed it and beat the piss out of it....it needed a good owner and i needed a car so i bought it from him, my first honda and love it and want to buy another one. lol here is a close up of it...just screw a bolt into it and it pops right out.

LittleB10

only other question is...does the o ring go inside the block with oil orifice on top of it or does the o ring go up top and fil in that circle??? my understanding is that it goes inside block with the oil orifice on top of it.....hole in block..o ring...orifice...head gasket...head. does that make sense? thanks for the help guys!